Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #16
joshdu1125
joshdu1125 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
I also have a big problem with my Win7 64 pro. My kindle works fine with my mac, however, ever time i plugged it into my pc, the kindle disk shows up but takes forever to open the drive and often crashes my explorer...... hope someone can help, i have already called customer service, they can't....
joshdu1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdu1125 View Post
I also have a big problem with my Win7 64 pro. My kindle works fine with my mac, however, ever time i plugged it into my pc, the kindle disk shows up but takes forever to open the drive and often crashes my explorer...... hope someone can help, i have already called customer service, they can't....
Anytime I have issues like that I reboot the kindle.

What file system is reported by your Mac's disk utility for the Kindle memory?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #18
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdu1125 View Post
Definitely try restarting your Kindle. I've had similar problems with my Win 7 64 PC that were resolved after a restart. If your Kindle still doesn't work, you would need to do the factory reset. However, be aware that you would lose all non-Amazon content and Amazon periodicals that are not archived on the Amazon servers.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #19
chrisborg
chrisborg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Kindle 2
I've been fighting the same issues for weeks on Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, and tonight I finally tried plugging into a different physical USB port - and it works! So be sure to try this if you run into this issue.

I also found you have to eject from windows explorer as mentioned before, otherwise the Kindle doesn't recognize it has been ejected.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
chrisborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:47 AM   #20
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I have never had a problem... I have win7 64bit... But then again, I just use mine, I don't do any sort of 'improvements'.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert