Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
Mahughes
Mahughes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello from a Noob!

Hi!

I just received my Sony PRS-505 and find it a quite enjoyable way to read. Since ordering it I have been lurking here, soaking up tips, tricks, and other knowledge.

It seems like a great community and I hope I can contribute in some small way in the future.

Mike
Mahughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Hey, Mahughes! The Sony 505 is well represented in the "What Device Do You Have?" Poll, so just go on over and vote for the Kindle. This place is silly, and addictive. A bad combination, actually.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Mike enjoy the 505
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! When did you get your 505? Mine has become my most favorite gadget
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Mike and welcome to the Forum. Watch out! Both the Sony and this damn Forum are addictive.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #6
Mahughes

I just received my PRS-505 on Thursday, 02/12. Sort of an early Valentines Day present from my lovely wife. It is already my favorite way to read! I have downloaded six books to read, and that was just last night.

While I admit that the Kindle has some desireable features, like not needing a computer to order and download a book, I can be somewhat obsesive and this way I have to really think about what I am buying before hand.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahughes View Post
I just received my PRS-505 on Thursday, 02/12. Sort of an early Valentines Day present from my lovely wife. It is already my favorite way to read! I have downloaded six books to read, and that was just last night.

While I admit that the Kindle has some desireable features, like not needing a computer to order and download a book, I can be somewhat obsesive and this way I have to really think about what I am buying before hand.
What I do is keep a database in which I list all the books I own, have read and have on my wish list. Then, when Sony offers a discount (like the two for one over Christmas), I have my database to check.

In fact, I uploaded a copy of this on the forum here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=database if you want to try it out
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
Mahughes

Thanks so much for the database. That should come in very helpful!!