Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 05:09 AM   #61
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Did you try OpenInkpot?
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:43 AM   #62
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
Issues? Yes still after all this time and a few firmware updates. I still regret buying a Bebook and not paying the extra money for a Sony
OTOH, OpenInkpot makes the BeBook a pleasure to use.
BUT, no DRM.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 08:40 AM   #63
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
Issues? Yes still after all this time and a few firmware updates. I still regret buying a Bebook and not paying the extra money for a Sony
So you're saying that if you were buying a new device today, it would be a Sony rather than Hanlin?

Anyone else have the same opinion? Or the opposite opinion, for that matter?

Why I am asking: I already have two Sony Readers in my family, and it turns out I need a third device. I can't decide whether to stick with Sony (which I know well by now, can handle its quirks and have a good process for creating/getting e-books) or try a Hanlin (which I can get 33% cheaper, supports - I am told - directory structure, more font sizes etc. I would also get to try a new device and compare the two for my blog). I am trying to find out what else (besides these points) would change for me if I went for Hanlin, for better or for worse. For example, it seems to me that Sony may have a better ergonomics (I can hold it left-, right- or both-handed and in all cases reach the page turn buttons comfortably, while it looks like I may have trouble to reach the page buttons of Hanlin if I hold the device in one hand).
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #64
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Well, Hanlin does support directory structure, which is a good thing to have; my sister misses it (she has a Cybook).

As for holding, Hanlin has two sets of buttons for turning pages - a pair at the left side and a pair at the bottom. So when I hold it in my left hand, I hold it on the side, and when in my right hand, I hold it at the bottom part.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #65
pox67
Connoisseur
pox67 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (stolen), Bebook
All true about open inkpot, I should try it out. All my books are mobi or .lit - is that an issue?

+directory structure is great, I forgot the Sony didn't have that. It is a much more natural way of managing files. Does it out weigh the negatives? up to you.

I suggest any one considering a Bebook take a look at the support forum to see the range of issues:
http://mybebook.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

The Sony seemed more for right handed people and the Hanlin/Bebook for left handed. I prefer my page buttons on the right like the Sony although this hasn't been a major hassle for me.
pox67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 AM   #66
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Openinkpot software doesn't read .lit, so you would have to convert those. Mobi is OK.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote