Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
DudeMar
Copter Doctor
DudeMar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Error Communicating With Device

After several months of flawless performance from my Nook HD+ and Calibre, I now have an issue that I can't seem to rectify. I've rebooted both PC and Nook, but keep getting the error message below, after Calibre reads my Nook library. Also, I've unchecked "Read metadata from files on device", to speed up the process of loading the books I have on my Nook into Calibre.

calibre, version 1.6.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Cannot write to file: hr=2150236166 facility=42 error_code=6 description: The requested value cannot be determined.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 481, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 275, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 301, in write_metadata_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 35, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 439, in put_file
WPDError: Cannot write to file: hr=2150236166 facility=42 error_code=6 description: The requested value cannot be determined.

This is my first post and if I have placed it into the wrong part of the forum, please accept my apology in advance. Thank you for your time and consideration...
DudeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
You are better off posting this in the Calibre forum. They are more knowledgeable about the requirements for getting specific devices connected to Calibre on various operating systems.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
PatNY's right DudeMar. You're much more likely to get the answers you seek in the calibre forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeMar View Post
...This is my first post and if I have placed it into the wrong part of the forum, please accept my apology in advance. Thank you for your time and consideration...
No problem. Your thread has now been moved to calibre.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote