Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
ADE problems downloading today

I am having problems downloading recently bought titles from the Kobo site using ADE. They are on my Kobo Glo OK. ADE keeps giving error message. Adobe forum indicates I am not alone in this. Anyone else had his problem, or even a solution? I have contacted Kobo Customer Care but with no response.....
Richard Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Something to do with this, perhaps?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2306874

As I understand it, fictionwise customers just got an email about migrating their purchases before they lose everything forever; and some of their offerings were ADE-controlled.

I'm guessing the Adobe Content servers are working their butts off...
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Ah - thank you - possibly the answer.

Many thanks.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook and Kindle4PC
Nope, I don't think it is Adobe servers. I am having the same problem via Kobo with new or older purchases. However, I am able to download my books from BooksOnBoard with no problem. I received a pat answer from Kobo that my question/problem was elevated to a tier 2 team.
pdarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
elk886
Enthusiast
elk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: PRS-650, Nook Glo Plus, Fire HDX7
I'm having the same problem, but only with books I purchased yesterday. I am able to download stuff purchased previously. I contacted Kobo and they said they reset the Adobe license, but it still doesn't work.
elk886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Richard Moody
Connoisseur

I'm on tier 2 with Kobo too now. Let's hope!!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Same thing happening with me. I've just purchased a brand new book from kobo and tried to download it to ADE - it failed with this error:

"The Case of the Deadly Butter Chicken:
IO Error on Network Request.
Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:

Event Detail:
Error #2038
--- end ---"

I'm logging a call with kobo.

Last edited by kiwipippa; 11-16-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: url removed
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just downloaded a free book from feedbooks.com to ADE with no problems. The book wouldn't have had any DRM. Does this mean it is a kobo problem?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I downloaded a couple of library books (DRM'd of course) today with ADE : no problems whatsoever...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Me too as well. I just updated the ADE thinking that may be the problem, but it didn't work.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
kiwipippa
Fanatic

Just emailed kobo back again. All I received was the standard "this is how you use ADE, install, click here, click there etc etc".

I told them I'd been using it for over 2 years and to read my ticket in full. They obviously didn't even read it. Not impressed, anyway, I'll give them another chance.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #12
elk886
Enthusiast
elk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: PRS-650, Nook Glo Plus, Fire HDX7
I finally got an email from Kobo. I've been escalated to Tier 2 as well. I have to say unlike my previous attempts to contact them, they've been prompt to respond and have clearly read my emails.
elk886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #13
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook and Kindle4PC
You might want to give your downloads a try again, I'm finally able to download my books. Yea!
pdarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #14
kiwipippa
Fanatic

All working for me now. Kobo responded - "have reset the license for the book you are trying to upload".
Old 11-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #15
Richard Moody
Connoisseur

No reply from Kobo BUT ADE is working again. Hooray!

If anyone else had problems might be worth checking it out.