Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #541
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I've had a couple of days to play with the Nexus 7 8 GB model -- CDN$209 less a $25 store credit at Google Play. Shipping, taxes, extra.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is pretty slick on this device and, as Android moves through 2, 3 and 4 is it finally coming to a place of seeming "complete". I have a 3.2 tablet and moving to 4.1 on the Nexus is the ice cream on the sandwich ... erm ... with jelly beans on top.

The lightweight, long battery life, high pixel screen and easy access to the Google Play market makes it a very user friendly device for me. I am looking for a light weight colour ereader that gives me access to Kobo, Overdrive and Kindle material as well as web browser, Gmail, Facebook and this fits the bill quite nicely. In the Canadian market, where Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet are not sold and the content outside of ebooks is not supported, the Nexus has a lot to offer. As I am almost always witin wifi range when I want to use a device like this, streaming works and the nominal storage meets my needs.
I completely agree with all that you have just said as mine arrived on the 13th and i have been testing it for the last ten days and it's handled everything i have thrown at it with ease.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184704

Asus has managed to fully interrogate the the quad core CPU + Tegra 3, 12 Core GPU +4.1 jelly bean + high res very responsive screen seamlessly and at a price that blows the competition away in the $250 price range for the 16GB version.
I think android now has a MODESTLY PRICED flag ship that can easily show what android OS is capable off.

Things can only get better for Android as the NEXUS 7 will be used as a bench mark(6+ months maybe) for the following android tablets to come, and any tablet NOT exceeding the NEXUS 7 high specs and pleasurable experience and friendly price will sink like a lead balloon unless they try to undercut prices in a major way.

Here in the UK the NEXUS 7 has already SOLD OUT on google play.com as well as most major retailers as us tech savey British always like a good deal which the Nexus finally provides.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4660...understimation

Not only that but i have been contacted by a number of my close friends in eastern Europe ,middle east and Hong Kong asking me to purchase on there behalf and ship to them Nexus 7 as they sadly cant get them in there respective country's.So the NEXUS is not just spreading across the western world but shaping up to becoming a global Phenomenon

So i put another order in with Ebuyer.com and have another 5x nexus 7 on order and am giving one to my future wife as a wedding gift when we get married in hong kong in October.Im hoping ebuyer.com will come through AGAIN with the goods and hopefully not run out of stock just yet as they have 500 for pre-order .

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1688587.html

Google Nexus 7 'Sold Out' In UK Stores

''The Nexus 7 has won plaudits from reviewers for its relatively high quality screen, build quality and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean software despite its bargain price of £159 for the 8GB version.
Google has reported "incredible" demand, and now it appears retailers are also struggling to cope.

It all points to the Nexus 7 representing the first serious challenge to the iPad's dominance in the tablet market.''

Last edited by darksaber35; 07-23-2012 at 11:12 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #542
duckfeet
duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nexus 7
I've had mine about a week now, also, and I won't say I've fallen in love, but at least I"m growing used to it. My first--and only, up til now--android device was the Google Nexus One, smartphone, which was google's first and I thought only foray into hardware, so since this seemed to be another and more successful second attempt, I just had to get the N7.

I also had received free from Google, their cr48 netbook, which was their first somewhat beta chromebook, and I've grown to like that a lot, but interestingly enough, the last update or two, seemed to have thrown enormous changes at *this* operating system--Chrome--and the Desktop now looks a lot like my android tablet, so it seems google is perhaps merging the two.

And since my nexus one phone makes a fine wifi point, outside or away from home or public wifi, I just log into phone wifi with no problems.

As a reader, I've been unable to read anything I haven' bought thru google play, so I downloaded and have been using Aldiko, and I am getting spoiled by the backlit reading, as I had the basic kindle, and sometimes miss it's simplicity, but the N7 is just too much handier, and less bulky than other netbooks...
duckfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #543
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfeet View Post
I also had received free from Google, their cr48 netbook, which was their first somewhat beta chromebook, and I've grown to like that a lot, but interestingly enough, the last update or two, seemed to have thrown enormous changes at *this* operating system--Chrome--and the Desktop now looks a lot like my android tablet, so it seems google is perhaps merging the two.
I'm curious. I haven't heard about Chromebook for quite a while. Is it still alive and well? At least Chrome the browser is on Android now.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, google, nexus, tablet