Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Odd problem with Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)

It has wifi access. I can browse the store. I can browse my archives. If I click on something in the archive, it will download.

If I go to Manage My Kindle and click send to my Kindle, nothing shows up on my Kindle. The page shows nothing waiting for delivery. (It's as if Amazon's system thinks everything is working fine.) When I buy a book it doesn't show up. If I sync, it says "no new items". (Everything does show up on Kindle for PC.)

I've restarted, de-registered, re-registered, and reset to factory defaults. The last step wiped out all of the books on the device (except dictionaries and manual). All collections were automatically added but contain zero items.

I've never installed any hacks to the Kindle.

Customer service had me send in the device logs and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Until then I'm sitting here with my undead Kindle. "Brains..."
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like a problem at Amazon's end. They're the only ones who can sort it out for you.

In the mean time, you can of course load books manually.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Fluribus,
Is this happening at all Wifi spots you connect to or just one? I had this happen at home and it turned out to be a router setting that was causing packets to be fragmented. You can easily test the setting using the "Ping" Command. Just type the following command in the DOS window (not sure how to do this using Linux):
ping amazon.com -f -l 1492
If you get the following response, you need to change your "MTU" setting:
Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set
You can google "Change MTU Settings" to find instructions for your particular router, mine took me about a minute or two to change and I haven't had a problem since.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never heard back from Amazon as to what the problem was but the Kindle has resurrected itself. All 400 gajillion books that I had tried to download before suddenly flooded into it.

Perhaps they were trapped in one of those odd dimensions posited by string theory and finally found their way out. Maybe there's hope for my missing socks.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I never heard back from Amazon as to what the problem was but the Kindle has resurrected itself. All 400 gajillion books that I had tried to download before suddenly flooded into it.

Perhaps they were trapped in one of those odd dimensions posited by string theory and finally found their way out. Maybe there's hope for my missing socks.
There's never hope for missing socks... But, good to hear the Kindle worked itself out.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
Maybe there's hope for my missing socks.
Your missing socks have already been tailored into little suits to keep the Sock Gnomes warm.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-01-2012 at 03:22 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
Fluribus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Your missing socks have already been tailored into little suits to keep the Sock Gnomes warm.
Foolish mistake. If they had asked I would have thrown in some scotch.