Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
riverlily
Enthusiast
riverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony eReader PR350
Loading travel references on Touch

Hi

I'm thinking of loading travel references on my Touch for when I go travelling later this year. Would this be a good idea? I'm only really really concerned about maps. Would it be able to show up ok? Does anyone have travel guides on their touch and would you recommend it or should I stick with a hard copy?

Last edited by riverlily; 01-24-2012 at 08:14 PM.
riverlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I've tried it. I'd recommend at least having a hard copy backup. I'm assuming your going to end up with a pdf map. Since you can zoom, e-pub version isn't going to work. Lack of colour may or may not be an issue but doesn't help to have it in b+w. Zoom and moving around on pdf files just isn't as fast and easy as you might like.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
riverlily
Enthusiast
riverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony eReader PR350
Thank you, but just a clarification, you can zoom? How do you do that?
riverlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Tap the middle bottom of the screen and pick the magnifying glass with + sign in it. You can either zoom to width, height or the slide bar allows you pick your own zoom level.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote