Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Calibre plugin question for a Mac illiterate

I use Calibre on a Windows 7 PC and know very little about Macs but I have a Mac friend that is getting interested in ereaders and I want to help her get started with Calibre and all the plugins I use.

So please be gentle and tell me what I need to learn that may be different from PCs - some one, anyone -

slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
I've got Calibre on a Mac and while I can't compare it running on a PC, every comment and instruction posted on the forums here applies just the same. Seems like it is truly a cross-platform program. Your friend should have no trouble at all.
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loximuthal View Post
I've got Calibre on a Mac and while I can't compare it running on a PC, every comment and instruction posted on the forums here applies just the same. Seems like it is truly a cross-platform program. Your friend should have no trouble at all.
Thanks. This is what I thought but not being familiar with Mac, I wasn't sure.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is my philosophy to try to make calibre as cross platform as possible. There are inevitably some differences, but they are few and far between.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!

Thanks Kovid.
Advert