Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
natescape
natescape began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
Basic question: How to install the Sony Reader?

I'm still very new to my PE and can't figure out how to install the Sony Reader Android app on my system. I've tried searching both the SlideME Marketplace and the AndAppStore and can't find it, nor can I find an apk to download.

Can anyone help? I've searched here, but haven't been able to find an answer.

Thanks!
natescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Here is a link to download it: link

From this post: link

Hope this is what you were looking for, and I hope you are enjoying your PE!
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks for asking that question, Natescape! I have Sony Reader software on my computer and thought I would get it for my eDGe, too, instead of going through Calibre or emailing books to myself. I couldn't find an easy way to download and gave up.

You might want to read the whole thread that Emusan pulled the dowload link from. It looks like there are some "issues" with the Reader on Android (maybe fixed by now?): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117767

I wonder whether books downloaded to the Sony software will be readable on the e-ink side. Does anyone know? Perhaps I'll just try it myself and see.

Emusan, you rock at finding information! Keep up the good work!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
natescape

Thanks all!

Word is, the Sony Reader opens on the eInk side. When I get it installed, I'll confirm or deny.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Nook app totally works on eink side.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
If you get it to work, also please report if the page numbers are still on the side! I LOVE this about my Sony reader, no more annoying page numbers.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
do you mean the ebooks from the NOOk app can be opened on the eink side or that the nook app itself opens on the eink side? Because the latter would be simple incredible and potentially very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
Nook app totally works on eink side.

Last edited by fgruber; 06-10-2011 at 02:53 PM.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
natescape

Turns out you can read Sony Reader books on either screen.

If you open the book through the Sony Reader App, it opens on the LCD screen with black text on a faded white background. There are no page numbers unless you touch the screen, in which case the pages with a scroll bar appears on the bottom. Interestingly, you can't change pages using the swipe pad... you have to tap the screen.

You can also open the book on the eInk side by going through the reader to Storage/Internal Storage/Books/Sony/books.

I love that you can open the book on both sides! Very, very cool. Sony also will sync with 5 different devices, so I'm going to borrow books by signing in as a friend.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
Thanks.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
do you mean the ebooks from the NOOk app can be opened on the eink side or that the nook app itself opens on the eink side? Because the latter would be simple incredible and potentially very useful.
sorry, but it only works because entourage added support for epub's using the nook encryption into their library, the nook app itself can't be opened on the e-ink side...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
It's still awesome. Takes ten seconds to move them over, although Nook copy protection is so bizarre. For anybody who wants to know, you need to enter your FIRST and LAST name. Then, the password is your credit card number.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #12
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
It didn't take long to develop all kinds of formats for electronic books! I can read epub on my PE, but I can only find a reader for .mobi for my PC.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #13
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
It didn't take long to develop all kinds of formats for electronic books! I can read epub on my PE, but I can only find a reader for .mobi for my PC.
http://www.fbreader.org
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #14
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Can't you read .mobi in the kindle app??

I know you can read it on the kindle itself!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote