Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #406
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Grant -- Just emailed you the json file. I took a quick look at it in an editor. While it's hard for me to decipher, looks like there are names of lists that I had either deleted in the past OR had renamed into current/other lists. Is that normal? Should it not contain only the names of current lists? If they are not supposed to be there, then maybe if I delete the json file and reinstall the plug-in again, starting completely from scratch, everything will work fine again? I will wait to hear from you before I try this, though.

I did run Calibre in debug mode but didn't get any warning messages when I added a book to a list.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #407
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I've just sent you an email. You have two sets of settings for the reasons I said earlier - the ones for your previous "library" are contained in there, plus those of your new library. If you want to clean it up, with calibre closed edit the file and delete from line 3 up to and including line 279. That is all based on my assumption that your "new" library is the one with lists included such as "Test2" and "TEST list", which is the one in the second half of that file?

As per your email, I believe the cause of your tags issue is that you haven't yet set a value for the tag name to be applied. In the JSON file that is the tagsText: "" values. None of the lists in the library at the bottom have a value set for this, whereas your lists up the top do have...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #408
TrulyInnovative
TrulyInnovative began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I would also be pleased if it were possible to move a book to another list from the main library view. I use a custom column for displaying the list information and rarely visit the list views, so I thought the move function was broken until I read through this thread.

Other than this small problem, the plugin has been great to use, thank you very much for developing it!
TrulyInnovative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #409
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
As per your email, I believe the cause of your tags issue is that you haven't yet set a value for the tag name to be applied. In the JSON file that is the tagsText: "" values. None of the lists in the library at the bottom have a value set for this, whereas your lists up the top do have...

Oh Wow, I feel so stupid now! I just totally missed that. I first set this up months ago and had completely forgotten how I had done it. This time around, I just assumed a tag would automatically be assigned that would match the name of the list.

Now everything works as it should.

Thanks for all your help, Grant. I also cleaned out that json file.

P.S. When I see the word "value" I automatically think of a number. I think that's what threw me off when setting up the lists this time as I wouldn't be using a number.

Last edited by PatNY; 05-29-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #410
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@PatNY - glad we got there in the end. I did warn you it would be something really simple (in hindsight of course)

@TrulyInnovative - thx for the reminder about the Move functionality. I did say it would be top of the list for the next release, how rash of me . I just haven't had time to work on it as yet, got a few other plugins that have required major hours of enhancements lately. I do expect to be onto this plugin in the next few weeks though, as I want to give that idea I have for importing reading lists from the web etc a whirl...
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #411
PatNY
Zennist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyInnovative View Post
I would also be pleased if it were possible to move a book to another list from the main library view. I use a custom column for displaying the list information and rarely visit the list views, so I thought the move function was broken until I read through this thread.

Other than this small problem, the plugin has been great to use, thank you very much for developing it!

If you right-click on any book you can add it to any of your lists via the context menu that pops up.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #412
TrulyInnovative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
If you right-click on any book you can add it to any of your lists via the context menu that pops up.
Add, yes, but not move. Now I would have to both add the book to the new list and remove it from the old one.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #413
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Is there any way to alter the order of your reading list other than scrolling the selected title in the edit window to its desired position? I'm thinking something along the lines of typing in a rank. i.e. I have book XYZ at the bottom of a 200 book list, and I want to move it to the top by typing in "1" in a editable Reading Order dialogue, rather than clicking the green up arrow 199 times.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #414
kiwidude

@ElMiko - in a word, no.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #415
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyInnovative View Post
Add, yes, but not move. Now I would have to both add the book to the new list and remove it from the old one.
This was discussed back in April. Looking back at the posts, kiwidude said he would look at it when he next worked on the plugin. If we can stop him being distracted by the Modify ePub plugin, maybe we can get this done
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #416
kiwidude

I see davidfor isn't letting me forget either . I'm starting to take a look at it now, I think I will push it out before I start my other major work with this plugin.

I'm going to completely remove the existing "Move" menus, that are only enabled if you were viewing a list. Instead there will be a new "Move to list..." menu option, which is always going to give you a new popup dialog.

As mentioned previously, there are various complications to be handled, such as the selected books not being currently on any lists or indeed being on multiple lists that might not be in common. I think the most "user friendly" way of handling all this is basically not caring about it . In other words, you will always get shown the dialog, regardless of what lists the selected books might be on.

As said previously the left side of the dialog will be a choice of zero, one or many list(s) to remove books from, and the right side a choice of a single list to add books to. Any lists you choose on the left hand side of the dialog, all books will be attempted to be removed from. If you select no lists (or the books weren't on any so you have no choices), then the whole operation gets treated the same as doing an Add.

Makes sense in my head anyways...
Old 05-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #417
kiwidude

v1.4.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add a confirmation prompt to the clear list option.
  • Change the Move to list functionality, so it is always available rather than only when viewing a list. Change behaviour to prompt for source/target lists.
  • When choosing Remove from all lists, if currently viewing a list then refresh it.

Behaviour of the move functionality described in my post above. Note that I deliberately do not try to limit which lists you can move to, as it offers the greatest flexibility for using it as an "Add" feature if the books you have selected are not on any lists already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_7_Move_List.png
Views:	213
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	87114  
Old 05-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #418
TrulyInnovative

Awesome, the new move list functionality is great!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #419
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
  • Change the Move to list functionality, so it is always available rather than only when viewing a list. Change behaviour to prompt for source/target lists.
Dare I say, it's about time Actually, until yesterday, I had completely forgotten bout this. It looks good and works well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #420
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Changes in this release:
Fantastic !!!

EDIT: Just to add that this is one of the plugins I use most, along with Modify ePub, QC...
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote