Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
garyft
garyft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Corrupted database

I keep my library on a network fold and access it from 2 different computers running Calibre. This was working fine until I upgraded to .8, then it corrupted the database. For the time being I have switched back to 7.59, but I really liked the new metadata interface. Does anyone else have the same situation?
garyft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyft View Post
I keep my library on a network fold and access it from 2 different computers running Calibre. This was working fine until I upgraded to .8, then it corrupted the database. For the time being I have switched back to 7.59, but I really liked the new metadata interface. Does anyone else have the same situation?
Calibre is NOT multi-user. Never allow 2 computers to access (connect-to) the same Library at the same time.
Depending on when you downloaded, there was a Display problem with Authors. The DB was fine.
A slipstream fix was slid into place. Simply discard your old download and grab a fresh one
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre is NOT multi-user. Never allow 2 computers to access (connect-to) the same Library at the same time.
For emphasis. This would probably be what happened in your case. See the options for library maintenance in the library dropdown menu.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
For emphasis. This would probably be what happened in your case. See the options for library maintenance in the library dropdown menu.
And I'll add one more to that. Do NOT use offline folders on a Calibre database that sits on a share. It WILL cause issues.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote