Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Sony Style store refurb more than new????

Today at the Sony Style store it looks to me as if refurb PRS-950's are $329 while new are only $299, and refurb PRS-350's are same price as new at $179.

Am I missing something???
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
sounds like neweggs refurb and open box section
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aaah, now they have dropped the price on the Daily Edition PRS-950SC refurb to $239...

You can see it here:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666258037

This is actually enough of a price drop that I think I'll put it up as a "real" thread of its own.

The PRS-350 is still the same price refurb as new, though, and sadly that's the one I want to buy as a gift for someone. Sigh!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The PRS-350 is still the same price refurb as new, though, and sadly that's the one I want to buy as a gift for someone. Sigh!

I sometimes doubt Sony is on the same planet as the rest of us, I really do......

Do they actually sell any ?

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I sometimes doubt Sony is on the same planet as the rest of us, I really do......

Do they actually sell any ?

Nope they have never sold a single reader ever... not one! They are out of business.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
It's now $153; but why buy from them?

Best Buy is selling it for $120 as an outlet center item. Just order online for an in-store pickup. You might also try to get the store to price match. Some here have been able to do that.

Another option is to try a Borders store that's in the process of closing down. I did that over the weekend and got a 350 for $108.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

[QUOTE=tubemonkey;1500128]It's now $153; but why buy from them?

Because I have some Sony Style coupons to use...and $153 is good enough for me now...