Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Eliot, Charles W. (editor): Harvard Classics 47: English Plays, v1, 26 June 07

English Plays

The Shoemaker’s Holiday by Thomas Dekker

The Alchemist by Ben Jonson

Philaster by Francis Beaumont and John Fletcher

The Duchess of Malfi by John Webster

A New Way to Pay Old Debts by Philip Massinger

Five English plays not by that chap from Stratford on Avon. Of the group my favorite is The Alchemist by Ben Jonson.

For those keeping score, this is the thirty-third volume of the base collection of forty-nine for 67.35% or almost two-thirds done.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Harvard Classics Volume XLVII.lrf (906.5 KB, 1464 views)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 AM   #2
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Cool! I am taking a Shakespeare class this summer and I was about to look for other playwriters from the same period, just to compare. How did you know it?
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2007, 02:11 AM   #3
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
And they are annotated! So convenient!

By the way, I am looking for the volume 46, the one that includes some Shakespeare plays (the ones I downloaded from the forum are not annotated, which makes them harder to read, at least for me), but I can't find it. I guess that means you haven't upload it yet?
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
And they are annotated! So convenient!

By the way, I am looking for the volume 46, the one that includes some Shakespeare plays (the ones I downloaded from the forum are not annotated, which makes them harder to read, at least for me), but I can't find it. I guess that means you haven't upload it yet?
That volume is still "Under Construction"
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i wonder if they would be better if translated into 'modern english' ??
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #6
Phebe
Connoisseur
Phebe doesn't litterPhebe doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 500 and Kindle 2 and iPad and iPhone
Just want to say, Bravo for the people making the Harvard Classics accessible for us. (Sony Reader, in my case) What riches!!! I remember seeing sets in Boston and at college when I was decades younger and thinking that one day I'd like to have -- and read -- the whole set.

Now I can.
Phebe is offline   Reply With Quote