Notices

Old 01-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
pmatch1104
Enthusiast
pmatch1104 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Lost Title in Mini Status Bar of EPUB on Moon+Pro

Hi all,

I've been saving fanfiction stories as Word.rtf documents and using Calibre to convert them to EPUB, which I then sync to my Galaxy Tab4 Nook. I read the stories on my tablet using Calibre Companion and Moon+ Pro.

Everything has been working great up until several days ago. All of a sudden, it stopped displaying the title of the stories on the Mini Status Bar and now only shows "Start" followed by the number of pages. It does this for every EPUB I open. If I view the Book Information and scroll down, under the Filename and the other info is a line that says, "Current chapter: 1, Start."

chaley thought I needed to remove the Table of Contents, but I don't have a ToC in any of these fanfic stories.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get the title of the EPUB to show back up in the Mini Status Bar?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay, with a little help, I've discovered that when I convert the Word.rtf document to EPUB, calibre is adding Start into the Table of Contents. Does anyone have an idea on how to stop calibre from adding a ToC when an EPUB is created?

Last edited by pmatch1104; 01-26-2015 at 09:12 PM.
pmatch1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:58 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@pmatch1104 - you really should post this in the calibre forum.

Anyways - of the options available for converting from Word, rtf is probably the worst one, if you can save it in DOCX get calibre to convert that, if you can't save it as DOCX, then save it as filtered HTML and get calibre to convert that.

See ==>> What are the best source formats to convert?

BTW there are some DOC to DOCX converters around - not sure if any of them are any good, or what difference they would make.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote