Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
High-end leather cover for Sony reader

If any of you are familiar with Levenger and their beautiful leather goods, you'll be very happy to hear this! Levenger has introduced a zipped leather case in red, black, or saddle brown for the Sony and other readers of similar size. You can go to www dot levenger dot com and do a search on Circa Zip Folio W/ Attachment for Electronic Reader. It costs $98

The case is the same size as their Circa zip folio in compact, so you could also have it in navy for $90 if you want to supply your own velcro. They also make them in brown bomber jacket leather (also need your own velcro). And if you can use the girly colors of grapemist (light purple), bluebell (light blue), or celery (light green), you can get them on clearance for $25 if you supply your own velcro.

No, I don't work for Levengers - I just wish I did because I could surely use an employee discount!

Prepare to drool!
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Corrective
Enthusiast
Corrective began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650
mmm it does look pretty sweet but despite the fact it has a pen holder and quite a lot of inside pockets i cant really justify spending $98 for it.

good find though!
Corrective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Why not provide a clickable link?
Here it is.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, igorsk

I'm a fairly new poster, and I didn't know if the message would be flagged as spam. Thanks for providing the link.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is great! I actually talked to a customer service rep in February, and they said they had no plans to support any of the readers. I did point out that the zip folio in the compact size was nearly perfect, and that all it needed was a clip for the Reader's hinge-binder thingie. I guess Velcro is an acceptable stopgap.

However, it looks like all they did was nix the "Circa" rings, so it can't carry both paper AND the Reader.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Red face

Deleted double post!!

Last edited by MarciaCat; 04-28-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: I don't know how to edit!!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I sent Levenger an email. I buy a lot from them (I'm a pen snob). I have the Circa system, even the Circa punch. So, when I saw this, I was interested, but think it's an uncharacteristic compromise for them. The case "comes with" a small translucent Circa notebook, but apparently the notebook isn't integral to the case. It just sits inside of it, and not at the same time as the Reader, either.

I would love a high-quality leather case for my Reader, that used the Sony clip mounting system, and also had a pen loop, paper, and a pocket or two. This one just misses the mark.

I'm also a moleskine junkie.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
JanetCinNC have you actually had your hands on one of these? I may slip by the Tyson's corner Levenger store and see if they have one in stock. I have the MEdge Executive cover which I like fine but would like to compare the two.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Thumbs up

Looks like they've got some discontinued colors of the Circa covers on sale for $24.95
Look Here!. I may give it a try!!

Last edited by MarciaCat; 04-28-2008 at 06:52 PM.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #10
JanetCinNC
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
JanetCinNC have you actually had your hands on one of these? I may slip by the Tyson's corner Levenger store and see if they have one in stock. I have the MEdge Executive cover which I like fine but would like to compare the two.
No, I haven't had one of the book covers in my hands, but I have lots of other Circa notebooks and handbags from Levengers. Their products are always high quality.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
$90 - quite expensive.

Whoever has $90 to spend on a good case, do not forget about this one $100
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
I'm a fairly new poster, and I didn't know if the message would be flagged as spam. Thanks for providing the link.
Heh, yeah, that thing can be a pain to new real members. You should be past the "probation" period now, it stops being so obnoxious once you hit 10 posts.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #13
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I wonder at what post count I stop being obnoxious?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I wonder at what post count I stop being obnoxious?
a lot of people wonder that.

luckily for you, the rest of us have mastered passive emotifaction.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #15
JanetCinNC
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Heh, yeah, that thing can be a pain to new real members. You should be past the "probation" period now, it stops being so obnoxious once you hit 10 posts.
Thanks for letting me know, NatCh. I don't post frequently, although I read every day. I didn't know at what point I'd be trustworthy!