Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
MarcoDiWA
MarcoDiWA began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Change Reader Dictionary

I am trying to change which dictionary is used in the Reader. I went into the preferences, added the URL for a dictionary with {word} in the right place. But the reader doesn't pick up my change and defaults to installed dictionary mode. I don't see any "okay" or anything to click after I add the URL. What am is missing to make the dictionary I want be the default?
MarcoDiWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
By 'reader', you mean the Calibre Viewer?
For that, you go to preferences (INSIDE the viewer): Dictionaries (tab) use
ADD website (button) : set the language: Set the URL and remember to end that with /{word}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2018, 10:46 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoDiWA View Post
I am trying to change which dictionary is used in the Reader. I went into the preferences, added the URL for a dictionary with {word} in the right place. But the reader doesn't pick up my change and defaults to installed dictionary mode. I don't see any "okay" or anything to click after I add the URL. What am is missing to make the dictionary I want be the default?
Moderator Notice

@MarcoDiWA - I moved your post because the 'dictionaries' used by the Editor and Reader are different beasts. The first is a sophisticated wordlist used for spell checking - known as hunspell files. The second is a link to an online dictionary.

Could you post a screen shot of what you're trying to add, example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	168017

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-25-2018 at 11:10 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote