Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-20-2018, 04:30 PM   #1
bvdbos
bvdbos began at the beginning.

Device: android
request: add empty book through server

I have calibre-server running on my NAS and I'd like to add paper-books through the server. Atm it's only possible through the complete UI as far as I can see (or am I doing something wrong?).

Next step would be looking up title, author etc after scanning an isbn-code.

thanks,

Bas
bvdbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The calibredb add command has options for empty, authors, title, and isbn, see Command Line Interface

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The server interface is never going to be as complete/powerful as the main program. As a workaround I suggest creating an empty file with the file extension .paper and adding that instead.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #4
bvdbos
bvdbos began at the beginning.

Device: android
Thanks for your answer. This indeed works for tablets but won't work for adding books through a phone. The file has to have at least one character in it btw, otherwise the browser throws an error. Added 100 empty books through the UI as a workaround now and I'll just edit those for adding books.
bvdbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The file does not need to be empty, it can have token contents.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote