Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #91
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
peterx,
if you'll probably look on the code, because of 1.8 thing... Could you also have a look on the issue that your app does not draw 180 deg rotated picture, if display is rotated 180 deg. It is only during the drawing, if the page is left and made return back the drawing is displayed correctly.

I hope, it is simple to fix. Thanks.

Last edited by Mono; 11-07-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #92
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Device: M92
scribble also crashes on my device with the current firmware. Unfortunately, I am rather clueless about where the crash exactly happens. I tried the approach using core files, but the post-mortem debugger did not show any reasonable stack trace. It could be that the libraries were updated (although I used the newest sdk from github).

If someone has a working installation with a live-debugger, it would be great to see where the program crashes.

About the rotation issue: I think I fixed it, but now I cannot test it... The binary is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip scribble.zip (123.3 KB, 205 views)
peterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #93
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thanks, but I have also 1.8 and so cannot test it.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #94
GerryT
GerryT began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Dear Peter, thanks for the great scribble application. I use it very often and continue workin on the files in xournal on my notebook.

However, I have a major issue and I think it is a bug. If I try to open another scribble file, the scribble application closes (maybe it crashes). This means, I am only able to edit the scribble names "scribble.xoj". I cannot edit anything else. Is there a fix for it?

Also on my wishlist is a "save as" functionality.

Thanks a lot!

(System M92, 1.7.20120927 from ArtaTech)
GerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #95
moosewoler
moosewoler began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox i62hd
Well Done!

Your work is quite impressive!
I've found the word describes the app fault due to firmware update in booxsdk's readme:
The SDK is frequently updated and sometimes may break compatibility with earlier versions. If you want your application to run no matter which version of the libraries are installed on the device, you can link your application against the static libraries. You can build the static libraries by running rake build:arm:static
May it be solve the problem?
moosewoler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #96
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast
paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
I was planning on giving this a try due to the horizontal line merging issues. However, is this still not working with the latest firmware?
paralleluniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #97
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
I was planning on giving this a try due to the horizontal line merging issues. However, is this still not working with the latest firmware?
That's why i'm still on firmware 1.7. For me this is the only reliable solution for taking notes at this stage.

You can downgrade your device by "updating" using the 1.7 update file
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #98
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast
paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
That's why i'm still on firmware 1.7. For me this is the only reliable solution for taking notes at this stage.

You can downgrade your device by "updating" using the 1.7 update file
So how do I install this application. After extracting the zip file in the original post, there's an .oar file. What do I do with this?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #99
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So how do I install this application. After extracting the zip file in the original post, there's an .oar file. What do I do with this?
Just "click" on it with the file browser, that will run the program.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #100
peterx
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosewoler View Post
Your work is quite impressive!
I've found the word describes the app fault due to firmware update in booxsdk's readme:
The SDK is frequently updated and sometimes may break compatibility with earlier versions. If you want your application to run no matter which version of the libraries are installed on the device, you can link your application against the static libraries. You can build the static libraries by running rake build:arm:static
May it be solve the problem?
That is a good idea. I managed to compile it statically but am currently not able to test it. The binary is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip scribble_static.zip (1.03 MB, 244 views)
Old 01-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #101
Mono
Mono

It works in 1.8 again.

Also, I confirm, the problem with writing when screen rotation is 180 deg. is solved. I couldn't test it sooner, I already had 1.8 when you made the fix some time ago.

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #102
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterx View Post
That is a good idea. I managed to compile it statically but am currently not able to test it. The binary is attached.
Thx peterx, i can also confirm it works in 1.8. Thx a lot!

There is only one issue i noticed: the bar on the bottom of the page is missing where you could jump to a page or refresh the screen.

Last edited by por; 01-13-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #103
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterx View Post
When you open other xor or pdf files, the background doesn't show up, i.e. the whole page is blank.

There also appears to be no way to make a new document other than scribble.xor.

Last edited by paralleluniverse; 01-13-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #104
por
Groupie

Quote:
When you open other xor or pdf files, the background doesn't show up, i.e. the whole page is blank.

There also appears to be no way to make a new document other than scribble.xor.
This is a scribbling app, not an app for annotating PDFs.
It works with .xoj files.

After installing Xournal on your computer, you can make pdfs from the notes.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #105
Mono
Mono

@paralleluniverse
And it does not, unlike Onyx scrible app, load any background image by design. It is not a bug.

And also, it does not have problem with exactly vertical/horizontal lines. And also I have not managed to invoke the pen sleep "bug/behaviour", but I cannot for 100% the pen never stops writing.

So it looks, it might be used to write down the notes at lecture/meeting.

Last edited by Mono; 01-13-2013 at 06:43 AM.