Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2018, 07:09 AM   #1
Cymro
Cymro began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
New Paperwhite UK with Audible US?

I've just bought a UK Paperwhite which links to my Kindle books in the UK store. My Audible account is in the US as I had for years before the UK site opened. It seems that I can't link the two together. Is there a way round this?

I can download the US .aax files into the Kindle but get a message that they're not in my library.
Cymro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:17 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't think it can be done, but give Kindle customer service a ring and ask them - they're very helpful.

Last edited by HarryT; 11-21-2018 at 07:23 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
I've just bought a UK Paperwhite which links to my Kindle books in the UK store. My Audible account is in the US as I had for years before the UK site opened. It seems that I can't link the two together. Is there a way round this?

I can download the US .aax files into the Kindle but get a message that they're not in my library.
No they can’t be linked. You cannot listen to audible US purchases (if you reside in the UK) on any Amazon device. The best way, if you have access to an iOS or android device, is to use the Audible app. With the app you can change marketplace before you sign in so you can sign into Audible US, not Audible UK. If you do sign into US and download your books when you sign out and switch the app back to the UK Audible the books stay on your device. You just won’t have Whispersync ability.

I have both US and UK Audible accounts.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote