Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-27-2005, 07:38 AM   #1
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!
Techick began at the beginning.

Device: NX80 and Treo 650
New chick in town:)

Hey I have been reading ebooks since my Palm IIIc with the OLD TR and Bookwormie, lol!

Never knew this was here, but saw the post at Palm247.com and headed over to see what's what

I used to write reviews at Palm247, but have been outta that for about a yr now, too much going on personally to keep up with it, but I still do the support and occassionally I post some news...btw my name is Michelle.

Other then that, ebooks have keep me sane and laughing and looking toward the furture at a very diffcult time in my life, so I expect to talk about and find out about a lot of good (and bad) reads here.

What other forums do you guys visit? (I don't normally go into forums, so cough up some info)
Techick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:32 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Technick, welcome to MR

Like you I found this place via another site, I think it was PalmAddicts back then. I am sure you will like it here; all very nice people and the news are always top-notch

If you are into e-books, I recommend you also look at Teleread.org from time to time, a dedicated blog run by a nice guy (David).
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2005, 08:46 AM   #3
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

Sweet, thanks for the info
Old 04-27-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Welcome Technick. I hope you like it here. Feel free to ask your way around if you need any help!!
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:13 AM   #5
cheshire
Fence Sitter
cheshire began at the beginning.

Device: Asus P525
Welcome, Techick!

I am curious: since you mentioned that you read a lot of ebooks, do you buy a lot of them too, or do you go for the Gutenberg stuff?

What do you think of the current ebook prices?
cheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2005, 06:24 PM   #6
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

Hey, yes I do buy a good amount of them, but I also read a lot of freeware, mostly from Memoware....gotten onto this study of religions thing lately, they seem to be having a lot about Islam, Mormonism, etc...there lately.

When I do buy, it's usually from eReader, PalmDigitalMedia or Fictionwise....those are mostly fictional ebooks.

What do you read and where from?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:25 PM   #7
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Welcome Technick. I hope you like it here. Feel free to ask your way around if you need any help!!

Much thanks!

Many forums discourage asking

Old 04-28-2005, 05:52 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techick
Many forums discourage asking
Au contraire here! We encourage our members to ask
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #9
cheshire
Fence Sitter
cheshire began at the beginning.

Device: Asus P525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techick
Hey, yes I do buy a good amount of them, but I also read a lot of freeware, mostly from Memoware....gotten onto this study of religions thing lately, they seem to be having a lot about Islam, Mormonism, etc...there lately.

When I do buy, it's usually from eReader, PalmDigitalMedia or Fictionwise....those are mostly fictional ebooks.

What do you read and where from?
Most of the time I download business journals and articles from my company's intranet, and dump them in my PPC for later reading.

During times when I do need to read some fiction (reading all those business journals can make life really depressing ), my Fictionwise bookshelf still serves me well as Fictionwise offers free downloads from time to time.

I haven't bought any ebooks yet, not only because I think they are still too expensive, but because I can't decide what format to get them in! Blame non-standard DRMs for that.
cheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:07 PM   #10
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

I use the format that is required by the ebook I want to purchase. I have a few fav authors that ONLY sell at one store or another, so I have to be able to DL in the main formats that secure ebooks will come in or I can't read them.....OR I am left to.......*gasp* ....PRINT!
Old 04-29-2005, 08:24 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I try to stick to eReader for reading secured e-books. Mobipocket just doesn't work for me because of incompatibilities with VGA Pocket PCs.

Other than that iSilo is still my first choice.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:04 PM   #12
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

I like iSilo to clip web pages to take with me

Could it get ANY easier??? lol