Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #76
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
Could you please add the following from Amelia Atwater-Rhodes to the list?

HAWKSONG

FALCONDANCE

WOLFCRY

In the Forests of the Night (Den of Shadows)

Demon in My View (Den of Shadows)

If these were adding they would complete 2 series that I want to read! Thanks!

Last edited by awesomevegan; 11-02-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: added more by same author
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #77
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSo View Post
While I liked the book, I found two things: because of the footnotes (and the tiny type and the odd footnote type) that it was unreadable as a standard paperback, and that, even as a hardback with larger text, the multi-page footnotes were distracting. At first they were novel, fun and interesting, but I thought they'd have been better either included in the text or as end-notes in the chapter.
Actually I love how the PRS handles footnotes - much easier to use than in pbooks (and also easy to ignore if you want.)
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2008, 04:26 AM   #78
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJ View Post
Actually I love how the PRS handles footnotes - much easier to use than in pbooks (and also easy to ignore if you want.)
I've never seen a Sony Reader book with footnotes (notes at the bottom of a page); virtually all eBooks replace them with hyperlinked endnotes (notes at the end of the text).

Have you got a Sony Reader eBook that actually uses genuine footnotes?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #79
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomevegan View Post
Could you please add the following from Amelia Atwater-Rhodes to the list?

HAWKSONG

FALCONDANCE

WOLFCRY

In the Forests of the Night (Den of Shadows)

Demon in My View (Den of Shadows)

If these were adding they would complete 2 series that I want to read! Thanks!
Yes, I can!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #80
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Yes, I can!
Thanks Daffy!

I clicked all the links in post #1 and sent the list to Sony.
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 AM   #81
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The following books from our list are now available on the Kindle (haven't checked Sony yet).

Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card
Mind Game (GhostWalkers, Book 2) - by Christine Feehan
Harmony's Way (The Breeds, Book 2) - by Lora Leigh
Tai-Pan by James Clavell
Old 11-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #82
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
The following books from our list are now available on the Kindle (haven't checked Sony yet).

Tai-Pan by James Clavell
Thanks Daffy!! TaiPan.........yes!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Tai-Pan by James Clavell
Daffy, all of the books you've listed are also available from Sony.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #84
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Daffy, all of the books you've listed are also available from Sony.
Cool!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #85
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Thanks for the heads-up, Daffy! I've been waiting for Tai-Pan for a long time.
And thanks for all who have been clicking away.
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #86
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Are we still doing this? Just happened across the post and there are some titles I'd like to add. And if so, what's the best way, want a link to Amazon or ISBN number?
Thanks!
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #87
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayspooled View Post
Are we still doing this? Just happened across the post and there are some titles I'd like to add. And if so, what's the best way, want a link to Amazon or ISBN number?
Thanks!
I actually lost this thread. I'm happy to continue on with it. Provide a link to the books you want and I'll add them to the first post.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #89
NuclearWinter
Enthusiast
NuclearWinter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle PW2, iPad Mini, Nexus 6
This thread is a good idea. I don't own a Kindle myself, but I've been making requests to Amazon anyway in the hope that if they put out an ebook version, it will likely come to Sony and/or other stores too.

Here are some of my own requests:

A Canticle for Leibowitz - Walter M. Miller, Jr
Blood Meridian - Cormac McCarthy
The Gormenghast Novels - Mervyn Peake
Solaris - Stanislaw Lem
Riddley Walker - Russell Hoban
Little, Big - John Crowley
The Brothers Karamazov - Pevear and Volokhonsky translation
Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov

Colleen McCullough's Masters of Rome series:

The First Man in Rome
The Grass Crown
Fortune's Favorites
Ceasar's Women
Ceasar
The October Horse
Antony and Cleopatra

I should probably stop here!

Last edited by NuclearWinter; 05-17-2009 at 03:18 PM.
NuclearWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #90
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
edit: found it

Last edited by wayspooled; 05-18-2009 at 04:16 PM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, kindle, publisher, request books, sony