Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-18-2019, 06:21 AM   #1
Arjava
Arjava began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Unhappy Onyx Boox Max 2 battery replacement.

My Boox battery charge slow and drain fast these days(no new app installed),and it can only reboot with charger plugged in,probably battery problem.

But I live in Vietnam,so is there any website that sell and ship Max 2 Battery to Vietnam?

Or does Max 2 share the same battery as some other more popular device?I may be able to find a battery if that is the case.

Arjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Hello, Have you tried emailing Onyx first? I am not associated with the company. I live in Europe and the email address I have to contact Onyx Int for support is: sales@onyx-international.com
If you email them your device's serial number hopefully they will be able to help you.

You can also post your query on their official forum, they reply pretty fast:
http://bbs.onyx-international.com/

I hope they will fix the battery for you. Good luck!!
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #3
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Here's the disassembly: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=311040

Where to source the battery?
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #4
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Might be able to source your own batteries from company websites similar to this: https://www.mouser.ca/Power/Batterie...Packs/_/N-5gbm

But shipping Li-Ion batteries by air now have many restrictions...
Old 08-19-2019, 04:35 AM   #5
Arjava

Too bad there are no information on the picture,but the battery look simple enough with 3 cables instead of some special connector,hopefully I can put some similar battery in.
Advert
Old 08-21-2019, 05:27 AM   #6
Arjava

Can't find battery that is thin enough,and as I am in Vietnam,this is what we have done...
It run...fine

https://twitter.com/twopunchman3/sta...06467491766272
Old 08-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #7
jessie102
Addict

Looks like that will last til the end of the universe lol
Old 08-24-2019, 05:49 AM   #8
Arjava

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
Looks like that will last til the end of the universe lol
Thank you,I sure hope so.

By the way it even has a new "Dock" that I can move around on my desk.

Last edited by issybird; 01-21-2021 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Oversized image deleted.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:16 PM   #9
mlslzrvc
mlslzrvc began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
I have the similar problem with my onyx boox max. I have finally managed to disassemble it, however I have problem to find suitable battery.

I am interesting in your solution Arjava. To what you have connected the device: USB port on bookreader or battery connectors inside bookreader?

I have disconnected battery from my onyx boox max. I will really appreciate if anyone knows may I connect external battery to USB port without battery inside the bookreader? Last a few months I was using my max in such way until battery completely died and it could not be started at all.
mlslzrvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:23 AM   #10
Arjava

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlslzrvc View Post
I have the similar problem with my onyx boox max. I have finally managed to disassemble it, however I have problem to find suitable battery.

I am interesting in your solution Arjava. To what you have connected the device: USB port on bookreader or battery connectors inside bookreader?

I have disconnected battery from my onyx boox max. I will really appreciate if anyone knows may I connect external battery to USB port without battery inside the bookreader? Last a few months I was using my max in such way until battery completely died and it could not be started at all.
Battery connectors inside Max 2 in my case.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:30 AM   #11
Arjava

Quote:

Quote:

Battery connectors inside Max 2 connected to battery connector in the powerbank in my case,and make you use good cable so it doesn't lose voltage.

And if you can figure out how to connect the powerbank directly to Max 2's USB port without using any battery please tell me,that will be more convenient indeed.

I was going to do this but not sure if it work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6MnwYeaRg
Old 09-29-2019, 09:15 AM   #12
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Did you try contacting ereaderstore for a replacement battery? They used to sell them for the older models.
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:32 PM   #13
mlslzrvc
mlslzrvc began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4H35H View Post
Did you try contacting ereaderstore for a replacement battery? They used to sell them for the older models.
Yes, I did, a year ago. I have never got the answer beside the automatic generated mail.
mlslzrvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:12 AM   #14
Arjava

In my case Onyx refuse to sell me battery,they want me to send my Max 2 to their official seller in Hanoi(I live in Saigon) so their seller can send it back to China to fix it!
Old 10-04-2019, 08:42 AM   #15
jessie102
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjava View Post
In my case Onyx refuse to sell me battery,they want me to send my Max 2 to their official seller in Hanoi(I live in Saigon) so their seller can send it back to China to fix it!
Could it be due to the exclusivity contract with the local official seller?

Can someone in a place without a local official seller try contacting Onyx? Only way to know.