Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
Need help with .oebps files

I have some lit files that I have converted in Calibre to lrf and the formatting is horrible. I would like to clean up the formatting prior to conversion. I have used convertlit on the lit file which gives me an html which gives me no better formatting. Any ideas? I would like to just convert lit to txt if possible and just start from scratch...
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
I have used convertlit on the lit file which gives me an html which gives me no better formatting. Any ideas? I would like to just convert lit to txt if possible and just start from scratch...
Unfortunately, the HTML ConvertLIT produces is the HTML contained in the LIT file, modulo a few bugs (which you can avoid by using calibre's 'lit2oeb' instead). There are several ways to turn HTML into plain text. Firefox's "Save Page As..." does a pretty good job. I find the '-dump' feature of the text-only browesr 'lynx' gives me the best overall plain-text output, but it can be a bit fiddly to get the character encoding right.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Unfortunately, the HTML ConvertLIT produces is the HTML contained in the LIT file, modulo a few bugs (which you can avoid by using calibre's 'lit2oeb' instead). There are several ways to turn HTML into plain text. Firefox's "Save Page As..." does a pretty good job. I find the '-dump' feature of the text-only browesr 'lynx' gives me the best overall plain-text output, but it can be a bit fiddly to get the character encoding right.
I tried Calibre's lit2oeb and still had terrible formatting. So I used Firefox to save as a txt file and just started from scratch and eventually created a nicely formatted ebook. Thanks for the tips.
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote