Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-06-2023, 01:14 AM   #1
paieye
Connoisseur
paieye began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire
CANNOT REGISTER FIRE HD 8

Until yesterday, my tablet worked perfectly with my Amazon account. Yesterday, with no intervention from me, it became deregistered. When I try to re-register it, it rejects the log-in details that I use every single day to check my Amazon account, &c. How can I put this right ?
paieye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:26 PM   #2
paieye
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paieye View Post
Until yesterday, my tablet worked perfectly with my Amazon account. Yesterday, with no intervention from me, it became deregistered. When I try to re-register it, it rejects the log-in details that I use every single day to check my Amazon account, &c. How can I put this right ?
So much time passed since I posted the question that I had recourse to self-help. 1. I Changed my Amazon password. 2. I copied the new password into Notes. 3. I did a Factory Reset on my Fire. 4. I registered the Fire to my Amazon account, using of course the new password. 5. I went to my Amazon account, and downloaded all of my nearly 300 books to the Fire. So all is now well ! But why my Fire became deregistered in the first place, I still do not know.
Advert
Old 06-10-2023, 01:41 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
So much time passed since I posted the question that I had recourse to self-help. 1. I Changed my Amazon password. 2. I copied the new password into Notes. 3. I did a Factory Reset on my Fire. 4. I registered the Fire to my Amazon account, using of course the new password. 5. I went to my Amazon account, and downloaded all of my nearly 300 books to the Fire. So all is now well ! But why my Fire became deregistered in the first place, I still do not know.
Two points:
  • Don't shout.
  • "So much time"? Seriously? It was 12 hours and much of that in the middle of the night for the majority of users here. Patience! Help is a favor; it's not on demand.

That said, self-help is good and posting your solution is better still.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 02:19 AM   #4
paieye
Connoisseur

Please do not think that I was raising my voice !
Old 06-11-2023, 11:59 AM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Please do not think that I was raising my voice !
That is how using all capital letters gets interpretted.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2023, 01:24 PM   #6
paieye
Connoisseur

Oh dear, in. my innocence I supposed that it would be. the favoured way of presenting a tile, as if on the cover of a book. I shall mend my ways , I promise !