Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2024, 07:41 PM   #1
GrandNeko40
GrandNeko40 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Lightbulb feature/mod: universal notes/annotations?

recently i started re-reading a book on my libra, that i hadn't read in several months. i keep encountering character/location names that i feel sort of foggy on, and it got me wondering whether anybody knows of a feature that allows me to set what would effectively be a custom dictionary entry for a given word.

for example: i'm reading a passage in which the character Tina mentions their friend, Chester. i don't really remember who Chester is. i would like to be able to tap-and-hold the name Chester and add an annotation like, "this is Tina's friend from medical school". then, whenever i encounter the name Chester further on in the book, i can tap the word -- in any location, not just the original word occurrence where i made the annotation -- and it will show me my custom note/reminder.

is anyone aware of a patch/mod that enables such a thing?

thanks!
GrandNeko40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 02:15 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Hmm... this could be easily doable given how NickelMenu already handles selection menu stuff (getting the selection, adding an option to do something) and dialogs (text input), and Nickel abstracts dictionary stuff enough that it's easy to add additional html to the dictionary result. It'd just be a matter of putting the two together.

I don't have time to work on this right now, but it's definitely possible (~600-900 lines of code), and maybe someone else could work on it.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, mod, patch