Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-03-2022, 08:17 AM   #1
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Amazon shopping app is no longer supported on this device.

"Amazon shopping app is no longer supported on this device.

To continue shopping, please use Amazon on a web browser. "

On all my Fires

Is there anything that can only be done on the App?
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 12:01 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The message seems pretty clear: they are dropping support for that version of Shop Amazon and are not going to update the app.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 01:46 PM   #3
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
on the Kindle Fire 7" of my parents this message is also there. no update for the app, and on the playstore amazon apparently has hidden the app for the devices of my parents. so.. sucks, but i guess nothing you can do about it sadly.

best you can do is probably using the browser for browsing amazon.
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:12 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Cell phone 10" Fire Kindle PW Not 1 will let me buy from Amazon!!! Why they want to Lose Customers is any one's guess!!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
This is what I've found for what devices/OSes will run the Shop Amazon app:

Fire tablet Generation 8 and above (running FireOS 7+)
iOS 13 and above
Android 8 and above
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #6
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
My Mother today bought a new amazon fire 10".. newest updates.. but the Amazon shopping update says not supported anymore. wasn't the whole point of the fire devices that you are integrated completly into the amazon ecosystem? wtf is this mess.. why drop support for device you still sell & who have the newest updates installed. it just don't makes sense for me. my mother bought that new fire especially because her old amazon fire 7" had the exact same issue and she expected a newer model to support it.

..does anyone know a workaround for this? i couldn't even install it over the playstore since this is also not supported. and the dumb amazon support tells you "delete the cache and reboot the device".. as if that would help in any way. i'm so sick of this support answers who have zero to do with the problem and who don't help. the amazon app even works fine for a few seconds and loads fine when you open it.. but then apparently it does some form of check and throws you out of the app.
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:54 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The 2021 (11th gen) Fire Tablet 10 certainly falls within the parameters that are supposed to indicate support for the shopping app.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:57 AM   #8
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Cell phone 10" Fire Kindle PW Not 1 will let me buy from Amazon!!! Why they want to Lose Customers is any one's guess!!
Use a browser, not the Amazon app. I've never used the app on any of my iDevices, and have no trouble using a browser to log in to my Amazon account.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:05 AM   #9
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Is there anything that can only be done on the App?
Recently, as in the past week or two, I had to install the shopping app (iOS) so I could use chat with CS, rather than talk on the phone. But I uninstalled it immediately, as the app has a tendency to launch itself when I’m using the browser.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:49 AM   #10
monophoto
Connoisseur
monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Amazon Fire HD8 (2020)
The Amazon shopping app still works on my Fire HD8.

This subject has been discussed at length on the Amazon user forum where the consensus seems to be that several things may be happening at the same time. This notion of multiple factors is reinforced by the fact that some users can still access the app, while others are having problems. For example, users of the shopping app on iOS devices seem to report problems far more frequently than do users of the app on Fire OS devices, and Fire OS reports mostly seem to concern older devices.

So the speculation centers around several possibilities. Amazon may be blocking use of the shopping app on older Fire tablets for some reason. Also, there may be updates in the shopping app that need to be installed. And in the case of Fire OS devices, the app update may be part of a periodic device update, and if the device isn't updated, or if it is too old to accept current updates, that could cause the app to fail. And finally, there are a few cynics who believe that there could possibly be some incompetence in the Amazon software development team that has introduced a bug that selectively blocks the app on some devices.

Last edited by monophoto; 11-29-2022 at 08:01 AM.
monophoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:37 PM   #11
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Something a little strange is undoubtedly going on because, on my Fires, Notifications still work and call up the App yet a direct call doesn't.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 12:35 PM   #12
wmeyer
wmeyer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle direct purchases

Some months ago, I recall reading (from Amazon, I think) an explanation of this problem. It seems to be an issue with Google Play Store stipulations, and the availability there of the Kindle app. It is not, contrary to some of the earlier posts, Amazon attempting to lose customers.

I find that it is all a bit weird, as my Android phone running a Kindle app (usually) has no problem purchasing, but my Kindle Fire 8 (usually) fails.
wmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote