Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-21-2022, 08:01 PM   #1
mcgee107
mcgee107 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire tablet
Fire keyboard automatically disconnects from Bluetooth

After only a few minutes of not using the keyboard it disconnects from Bluetooth. I have to constantly go to Settings to reconnect it. Does anyone know if there is a way to correct this problem?
mcgee107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:15 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It sounds like there's something wrong with the keyboard, e.g. it is not holding a charge.

Normally (with sufficient energy stored in battery) tapping a key (say, Shift) will restore previous connection, you don't need to re-pair. And it'll have a timeout more like 15-30 minutes of inactivity.

It's perfectly normal to have the keyboard disconnect after some timeout to conserve battery but not normal to have to go to Settings to do anything to restore.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 07:19 PM   #3
mcgee107
mcgee107 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire tablet
Thank you for the information. I have been using only the touch pad, instead of tapping one of the keys so I didn't realize it was just the keyboard timing out.I have had this tablet for a while and should have figured that out by now. Thanks again.
mcgee107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyboard