Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #136
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
The down-side is the inability to use either a third-party clip-on light and cover. Users are locked into the Sony cover and light by design. That's okay if they work well and are not expensive.
In addition to Matt's comments above, I would think that a clip on light would still work with the standard cover of the new T3s. When you have the cover open and folded back you should be able to clip on the light to either the cover or the reader itself, depending on the clip. Admittedly, it looks like your stuck with the standard Sony cover--unless someone decides to develop a cover that snaps on like the Sony cover.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #137
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2 View Post
Thats wrong.
1. It's not the same firmware (e.g. dictionaries are part of the firmware!)
2. It is an Android device.
3. It's heavier, because of the cover. T2 with cover is heavier.

By they way, its funny if you think there should be the same firmware but no Android device anymore.
Sorry, for me, PRS-T3= PRS-T2 plus cover, indeed i don't need à cover at all.

Google play store don't recognize as an android device, nor PRS-T2 too.

I need a ereader with mathml capabilities.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #138
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
Sorry, for me, PRS-T3= PRS-T2 plus cover, indeed i don't need à cover at all.

Google play store don't recognize as an android device, nor PRS-T2 too.

I need a ereader with mathml capabilities.
I bought PRS-T2 last year and i received PRS-T3 last saturday.

It's sad, all journalists speaks about what the manufacter say in their web sites, really never had the device in their hands; so they speak about light, has it ou has not ?etc...

The most important is the firmware and this is iignored.

The features of the device are In the users guide, but no one speaks about them, you have to buy the device to find about, but it's too late to make a choice.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #139
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Quote:

It's sad, all journalists speaks about what the manufacter say in their web sites, really never had the device in their hands; so they speak about light, has it ou has not ?etc...

The features of the device are In the users guide, but no one speaks about them, you have to buy the device to find about, but it's too late to make a choice.
It would be great if you could share this information, since you have access to it. What do you think are the significant firmware changes between the T2 and the T3?
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #140
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcroy View Post
It would be great if you could share this information, since you have access to it. What do you think are the significant firmware changes between the T2 and the T3?
For making me understand well, i like Sony's ereader, i think theirs ereaders are well designed and finished, easy to use.

But Sony is not a small firm!, is important participant in IDPF forum, epub3 forum.

PRS-T2 and PRS-T3 have the same firmware, the two devices embeded epub version 2.

PRS-T3 embeded a local dictionnary, well but i would prefer have a part of epub3 features than local dictionnary, the integration of wiki do the job of a local dictionnary,but why not!, for exeple support of css3, mathml would be a real challenge in ereader's market.

I think have to wait a year more hoping have some features of epub3.

That's all for firmware, if you have allready PRS-T2.

Last, the cover is here, i can't thow it!but it finish well the device.
Advert
Old 09-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #141
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
How sturdy is the cover? From the video reviews it looks a bit too flimsy and possibly won't offer much protection to the screen?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #142
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
How sturdy is the cover? From the video reviews it looks a bit too flimsy and possibly won't offer much protection to the screen?
The cover inside is soft enought to protect the screen, the outside cover looks sturdy, it's good cover indeed.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #143
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
The firmware in the T1 is flaky. I wouldn't touch it. Nook did a much better job of implementing Android. The T2 software isn't great either. I imagine the T3 will be built on the same system.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #144
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
The firmware in the T1 is flaky. I wouldn't touch it. Nook did a much better job of implementing Android. The T2 software isn't great either. I imagine the T3 will be built on the same system.

I use my T1 now over on year and ever never experience something flaky. I also used the T2 for 3 month, and i had there also no problems. Maybe you just have to upgrade to the latest version oft the firmware.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #145
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:

Please one question.

Which screen is whiter and have more contrast?, t2 or t3?

ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #146
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Please one question.

Which screen is whiter and have more contrast?, t2 or t3?

For me, T3 has the same contrast, and whiter screen as T2.

The resolution of T2 800x600 is hight enough to distinguish it from 1024x768 of T3.

My thought, Sony has made a very, very little improvement with T3, i resume it, one year developpment to add à cover, very sad for huge developpment team of Sony; they spent their time to leiseure instead to work and make a better device.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #147
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Thanks!

ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #148
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2 View Post
I use my T1 now over on year and ever never experience something flaky. I also used the T2 for 3 month, and i had there also no problems. Maybe you just have to upgrade to the latest version oft the firmware.
I picked up a refurb which is hanging when using dictionary and changing fonts. I could upgrade the firmware but I'd rather return it. Saying that, I've read other users complaining of the same problem, and I think they were up-to-date. I'm used to a 650 which is more stable. Anyway, glad yours works.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #149
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
I picked up a refurb which is hanging when using dictionary and changing fonts. I could upgrade the firmware but I'd rather return it. Saying that, I've read other users complaining of the same problem, and I think they were up-to-date. I'm used to a 650 which is more stable. Anyway, glad yours works.

Now i remember. Yes there were some ugly bugs in the T1 firmware. But it got fixed with a view firmware upgrades. I just read about this because I got my T1 later, when these bugs are fixed. Since this time these the firmware is stable as the firmware of nook or kindle. The T2 never had such big bugs.

But i can understand that someone experienced the T1 at it got first announced and sold. But believe me these bugs are fixed. The T1 with the later firmware is stable, the T2 is stable, so i see not why the T3 should have some flaky.

By the way, i also had an PRS 650. This was my first reader. It was a nice reader, but it had an bug with drm ebooks, and that bug got lately fixed by sony.

Last edited by samy2; 09-10-2013 at 02:44 AM.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #150
lems1995
Zealot

We are all speaking about front-lit, hardware features but what about reading pdf format?

I tested reading pdf format capability (R-intro.pdf file) with T2 et and T3, it's impossible to read anything!, turn a page take a long time, so at the end you lost your patience and throw away the device.

the only format usable is epub.

I w'd konow id somebody can read pdf format with ereader?,