Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-26-2019, 10:08 PM   #1
maximus83
Nameless Being

How does the KOReader Evernote plugin work?

I can't find a way in KOReader to add any note to a book. The option to "Add Note" when you select a block of text is grayed out. So I assume the Evernote plugin that lets you export notes, must be for exporting existing notes added to a book by Kobo.

So I went into a book in Kobo, added a few notes. Then I went back into KOReader, open the same book, and hit Evernote | Export notes. It does create a node for that book in my Evernote account, but there is no content of the individual notes copied over.

Any idea how this plugin is supposed to work?
Old 01-27-2019, 05:02 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There is basically no communication between KOReader and Nickel (the default Kobo software). They exist independently without bothering each other.

If you highlight a piece of text it'll export that I believe, and you can also edit highlights and bookmarks to add information.
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #3
maximus83
Nameless Being

OK makes sense, but I'll tell you what I'm seeing in my case in KOReader.

1. When I select a block of text, the "Add Note" button is grayed out, but Highlight (and the other options are active).

2. If I select Highlight, that works.

3. After it is highlighted, if I select the highlight and click "Edit", I can manually add some text within the body of the highlighted note text. That works too.

4. If I go to Evernote | Export all notes option, it does any highlighted material, but it does not export any text I added to those notes.

So at the moment: I do see that you can sort of hack the highlight feature to manually add a note into it, though the experience is not very good nor is the UI for accessing or displaying the note. And the Evernote export for me, only works on highlights. Notes/annotations for me is an important feature and something I really miss in KOReader at the moment.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm afraid I don't know anything about Evernote.

The git history shows that the grayed out "Add note" was originally added as a placeholder for PDF notes. (See here.) I don't think the Evernote plugin does anything with it.

It looks like it might also interact with some type of native Kindle notes though.
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote