Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #1
lebronjackson
lebronjackson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Question New Forma, a few questions

Just purchased a Forma and have a few technical questions about it. Firstly, in landscape mode, all touch buttons seem to not work correctly and are off. I saw someone post about it and was curious if a workaround existed or if I have to return the device. Secondly, I downloaded my own books onto the Forma and cannot seem to make bookmarks on them - am I missing something?

Kobo support answered the above questions with Restart / Factory restore the device (which didn't work) and "only official store purchases can bookmark". I don't like those responses.
lebronjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
What format are your books?

All my books are sideloaded (via calibre) epub or kepub. I haven't had any problems using the top-right "dogear" for bookmarking. Similarly Forma menu buttons seem OK in Landscape - although I don't actually use Landscape much myself.

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-11-2019 at 11:53 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2019, 09:39 PM   #3
tzirbel
tzirbel began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Not a big fan of landscape mode myself but turned on auto-rotate and all buttons function as expected. Able to dogear in any screen position. I exclusively side-load all content in epub format. What version of software are you using?
tzirbel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmarks, forma, kobo, landscape