Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #46
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Some of the issues I find with Calibre downloading covers is that's it looking for covers on Amazon.com, not Amazon.co.uk. I've not found a setting that will change that.
It's part of preferences
Metadata download/select Amazon.com and click configure. One of the list is country.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #47
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
You can also download metadata from multiple sources at the same time.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:15 PM   #48
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
It doesn't bother me to switch devices without syncing. I just flip forward until I figure out where I finished off then continue reading. My main driver is a Kindle PW but sometimes I go out and read on my bitty 4" cell phone. Works for me in a pinch. I use a 12.9 iPad Pro for a gazillion PDFs.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #49
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by harriska2 View Post
It doesn't bother me to switch devices without syncing. I just flip forward until I figure out where I finished off then continue reading.
Yeah, during the day I read on an old Kobo Aura. At night I use the Nook Glowlight Plus, so no chance of synching the two. But I get by.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #50
franz123
Banned
franz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melonfranz123 knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Khouji 1991
I'm using Grammarly for my writing.
franz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:24 AM   #51
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
@pwalker8 - can definitely relate to right tool for the job with ebooks, and my situation and belief in that regard is not too dissimilar to yours.

While I prefer an e-ink device, they are somewhat limited ... no color for starters and size is not great for images or access anytime (too big for the pocket).

So I have a 10" Samsung Tablet for color ebooks or graphic intensive ones, magazines etc. It also has unbelievably long battery life, way beyond that of my Kindles ... especially as I can, not use it for many months and it still has almost the same charge.

My two Kindles (Keyboard & Paperwhite) I use for general ebook reading, certainly at home or planned outings, with the Paperwhite getting most usage for a few reasons, and Keyboard often just being a backup for low battery moments. Actually, I have a few portable USB battery packs these days, so if convenient enough, I just plug in and keep reading on the same device while it charges.

My Samsung Galaxy S2 phone is my fallback device while on the road. Yes, I hang onto things and only update at need most of the time, so that phone is getting a bit long in the tooth now, but works great as a short term ebook reader.

I have had other Tablets, one was absolute crap, but you get what you pay for it seems, as my current Samsung Tablet is a revelation in all things tablet, by comparison. I do still have a working cheap 7" tablet, and it works well considering, though not in the same league as the Samsung. But I've not used that in an age, and only read a small number of ebooks on it. Still it was good for color until I forked out lots more for the Samsung (actually the Samsung was a Xmas present from the wife ... she has a smaller one, and it impressed me a lot). That cheap tablet just sits in a drawer, unused until I will maybe think of a use for it one day.

So yes, right tool for the job, and that might be practical based or it might be a bias or convenience based on variable factors.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote