Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
frittatahubris
frittatahubris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (gen 4/5), Kindle PW (2015), Nook Simple Touch
How can I change KOReader password for Progress Sync?

Does anyone know how to change the password for when you login to Progress Sync?

I can't seem to find anywhere that does this?

I am using koreader on android phone and was planning to install on other devices, but if I can't have password and can't access account then I might need to ind a different app.

Thanks
frittatahubris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Just logout and create a new account with a new name / password. (using Register).

Please read https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Progress-sync to figure out if this feature works for you or if you're better with other apps that autosync documents too.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2020, 02:46 PM   #3
frittatahubris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Just logout and create a new account with a new name / password. (using Register).

Please read https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Progress-sync to figure out if this feature works for you or if you're better with other apps that autosync documents too.
Isn't there a way to change password without creating a new account?
Old 02-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know, but I guess it is not possible.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:15 PM   #5
frittatahubris

That's a shame.
I guess I will use FBReader instead.
Advert
Old 02-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #6
pazos
cosiñeiro

Yeah, both FBReader and MoonReader+ will sync between devices. FBReader is specially useful if you have both iOS and android devices, since it is available on both OSes.

AFAICT neither of them use their own sync server. FBReader uses your own Google Drive account and I believe MoonReader does something similar with Dropbox but I never used that.

The sync server of KOReader is not intended as a selling feature, but a convenience thing to sync progress between any device running the program. It has other nice things, like the hability to roll your own server, but that's not usually attractive for end users.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:39 AM   #7
frittatahubris

Thanks. Just tried FBReader to sync and it works great.
Only issue is it has uploading all documents on my android to the FBReader online personal library.

I wish there was a way to only sync a folder.

Thanks for advising me to use FBReader. No need for Dropbox or dropsync