Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #16
MciMc8
MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
I read one post where an inkpad owner took it in and had the battery checked and found to be good. What you say makes sense in that originally I thought the battery was depleting too fast. What complicates things is that the battery is showing 90 to 100% charge. This is like the crime fiction stuff I read -- sifting through the distracting material to find which bits point to the culprit. Anybody disassemble an Inkpad 3 to replace the battery. I don't think there are any Pocketbook techs in Victoria. Unfortunately, it is also expensive in Victoria to get work done -- could cost 40 dollars just to get the battery checked.
So, if the battery reading is incorrect and not really charging the battery (defective units?), then it makes sense -- a very low charge = 5 to ten minutes of use then it shuts down. But shouldn't there be a low battery warning?
MciMc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:07 AM   #17
MciMc8
MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.

Response from Pocketbook support is that I contact the seller to get it repaired. Right now the firmware reinstall fixed some glitches but I can only use my Inkpad when connected to power. Turns off really fast when disconnected from power. THanks for all the responses. I am a little surprised that no one else seems to have run into this problem; or rather, wish that someone else had this problem and has the solution.
Advert
Old 08-04-2019, 10:22 AM   #18
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Inkpad 3 - same problem

I have the same exact problem with my Inkpad 3, same exactly... I am now contacting Pocketbook support site...

I do not know if this kind of issue with device is covered by warranity...
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #19
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey guys, just to update information about my problem, maybe someone can find it usefull.
My Inkpad 3 had a battery problem. I replaced with aftermarket battery and now I do not have any problems.
BTW, battery is not covered by warranity... So I replaced it by myself (loosing waranity because of this).
Old 08-10-2019, 03:19 AM   #20
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
With the release of the InkPad 3 pro they would use better batteries.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #21
MciMc8

Batteries are a known issue ??? I am waiting on the model # of a good aftermarket battery that people have used and is known to work.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #22
kontinos
kontinos began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirS View Post
Hey guys, just to update information about my problem, maybe someone can find it usefull.
My Inkpad 3 had a battery problem. I replaced with aftermarket battery and now I do not have any problems.
BTW, battery is not covered by warranity... So I replaced it by myself (loosing waranity because of this).
Are you sure? I understand the opposite from this:

This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Consumables (component that are expected to require periodic replacement during the lifetime of a product, except accumulator batteries).
kontinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #23
VladimirS
Connoisseur

No no. I read on warranity card from my Inkpad 3 box that batteries are not covered. It is not so unusuall in electronics, just for ereaders is a bit pain to buy and replace by yourself.

Also in my country there are no official stores or services for Pocketbook, so only solution is to send device to nearest repare service which is in another country.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:14 PM   #24
MciMc8

Hi and again thanks for everybody's input on my battery issue. I just installed a new battery and my Inkpad is working like it is supposed to work, just fine. I believe the problem is that the original battery went to 'sleep' which is a fairly common issue with these 3.7 volt Lipo batteries. They can be 'woken' up by attaching a similar battery to them which supposedly charges them enough to wake them up. I might try this with the old battery and will update on that. I am not happy that PB and the seller from Germany were 'useless' with support with a device less than 12 months old, costing 400 $ Cad and giving only 6 months warranty -- NO warranty on the battery. Even a suggestion from them that the battery might be an issue and an easy and cheap way to fix that would have saved me a few months of time and trouble and worry. The replacement battery cost me 9 $ CAD and has a 3000 MA capacity. I need to adjust the back cover as it is 1 mm too thick but I can fix that.
I will not buy another PB. I also had to have a new usb port installed as the port 'broke' from constant use -- repair guy said it was cheap and installed a better, sturdier one for 25 $ CAD.
So, down the road I will check out one of the Onyx devices.
Moral of the story -- never give up -- and big thanks to Vladimir.
cheers,
Chris
Old 11-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #25
VladimirS
Connoisseur

Good news We are glad that you solved issues with device.
One impportant thing to note here is very bad customer support from original product manufacturer.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:51 AM   #26
Matthias_BL
Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Same battery/power problem

Hello, I have the same Problem the my device is shutting down even Battery charge showing 94 % but it will not stay for long, on when disconnected from power. Just tested again -- shut down at 89 %.

There is mentioned that this Issue can be solved by replacing the battery. I even got the problem of loose USB Port. Following questions, with I would appreciate any answer.

1.) Does somebody know, a model type of battery I could use, and where to order it?
2.) Does someone have some advice and hints how to open the Inkpad3 and not to breake anything?
3.) Is there maybe also an online ressource, to order parts like this built in USB Port.

already in advance for your replies.

Best regards
Matthias
Matthias_BL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:30 AM   #27
VladimirS
Connoisseur

Hello Matthias

I had a similar problems like you, and I solved all of them just by replacing a battery.

1) You can buy any battery that is strictly named lithium polymer with voltage of 3.7 volts. Just make sure that physical dimensions are not greater than dimensiones of original battery. As I can remember maximum is 60x76x5 mm. Ask for battery with only 2 pins, not 3...

2) Opening of device is not that hard and you cannot brake anything if you are careful, you can use guitar pick or some sharp plastic object like used credit card.

3) USB port is harder issue to solve by yourself. You can contact Pocketbook Inc by email and explain your problem with loose port. Mobile phone repairing services can easily replace your broken/loose port also, you can let them look at your device after you open it.

Best regards from Vladimir!
Old 02-07-2020, 07:29 AM   #28
Matthias_BL
Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Great, Thank you Vladimir for your answer, also about the dimensions.
Update is following.

Best regards
Matthias
Matthias_BL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #29
MciMc8

Hi Matthias
I had a cell phone repair guy solder a new usb port onto my Inkpad — it cost 25 dollars Canadian — so just find a reliable and reasonably priced repair shop. The guy said the original was pretty cheap!
I have my back taped on because the little plastic bits that hold it in place are broken off. I’m going to ask Pocketbook for a new back but I am not holding my breath.
I am on my third battery — cheap from China — and having no problems. For me the ‘sleep’ function messed up the battery — gets stuck in sleep mode - something like that so I am using a plastic padded shipping envelope to protect my Inkpad == I think avoid any cover that uses sleep mode.
Now I have no problems with good battery life!! Good Luck
Chris
Old 02-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #30
MciMc8

Hey — one more thing — I am thinking about making my own back cover for my Inkpad with a 10,000 MA battery — charge once a year !! And I am somewhat serious!!

Tags
battery, battery replacement, firmware, freeze, inkpad