Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Sigil and Regex

As a regex expert, I'm Emperor of the North. I usually use RegexBuddy from JGSoft which allows me to code a little, test a ltiile, and learn a lot.

Will someone tell me why the following PERL expressions will not work in Sigil? What changes are needed to make them work?

Find all:
Code:
[^~]+?
Find number:
Code:
[\dixvlcdm]+
All help accepted and appreciated.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
deckoff
deckoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
What about:
# Non-greedy matching cannot be applied to individual quantifiers. Expressions like abc*?dd are not allowed. Use the Minimal matching option to set minimal matching on the whole expression.
(the above taken from the manual)

I have a question regarding yours
I ahve the following code
Code:
  <table width="569" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="7" class="sgc-2" bordercolor="#000000" border="1">
    <col width="553" />

<tr>
      <td width="553" valign="top">
        <h1>СЕКУНДЕРЕН КАРИЕС</h1>
      </td>
    </tr>
  </table>
.... </h1>
I what to make a search that finds <table and the FIRST </h1> stops right there and goes to the </table> in which the </h1>.
That is what the manual says:
Use the Minimal matching option to set minimal matching on the whole expression.
So what is minimal matching, can someone help me here, I fiddled with lots of different staff, but I always want to end up with s/t like [\s|.]*? which appears not to be allowed...
I want s/t like this <table [\s|.]*?<h1>( [\s|.]*?)</h1>( [\s|.]*?)</table>, but cannot figure out the right syntax for Sigil
Thanx in advance...
deckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
deckoff
deckoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
<table ((\s|.|\>)+)<h1>((\s|.|\>)+)</h1>((\s|.|\>)+)</table> will do my trick.
And check minimal matching down left, the answer was much easier than I thought, sought hours in google to find what exactly minimal matching meant
deckoff is offline   Reply With Quote