Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Magazine subscriptions at Fictionwise?

Does anyone get any magazine subscriptions from Fictionwise? I was unable to find a comprehensive list of all the ones they offer (the magazines link showed lots of individual issues, but no tidy list of all the magazine subscriptions without scrolling through all of it), but I was interested in maybe Ellery Queen or Alfred Hitchcock. I like that they are multiformat so I can read on the Sony.

What do you think of these two magazines? Would you recommend one over the other? What other magazines do you enjoy from Fictionwise?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/magazine.htm Lists all the magazines.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it lists individual issues. You have to wade through all 156 to find out which magazines though. I was looking for a list that lists each subscription only, so I don;t have to wade through umpteen pages of individual issues.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I subscribe to Analog, Asimov's and F&SF. I'm very happy with my magazine subscriptions at Fictionwise. The conversions are pretty good, and are getting better over the years. The timings are sometimes a bit odd - none for a while, and then two close together. But a lot better and cheaper than getting an overseas subscription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
What other magazines do you enjoy from Fictionwise?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:29 AM   #5
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Do a search for "Subscription" on Fictionwise.

There are also a few magazines and anthology series that don't have subscriptions listed, but put their issues on the site.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 AM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
For each individual issue, below the "add to cart" and "add to wishlist" icons is a "subscription available" link.

Click that, and Bob's your uncle, you have the subscription option!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
ficbot
Wizard

Yes, I understand that part. What I was worried about was getting a list of every magazine which has subscription available: not a list of every 200 issue, but a list that JUST has the names of magazines with subscriptions---say, a 10-item bullet list 'the following magazines are available via subscription.' I lose track when I go through the giant list of every magazine issue. I just wanted to see a list with every title listed ONCE of which have subscriptions.

Anyway, with that aside, any reviews or comments on the two mags I mentioned? If I were to only get one subscription, which is better?