Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
USB port for charging another device?

Does anybody know if that's posssible? I have a Sandisk MP3 player that charges via USB and I was wondering if I could just hook it up to a plugged-in Iliad....
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle
Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
My Kensington travel light works on the USB port, so it's obviously putting out a trickle of juice - but it's going to run down the battery on your iLiad something wicked, I'd guess!
Redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
I just tried to hook up my 2,5" USB HDD to the iLiad, it didn't start up correctly. So I guess the iLiad's USB port doesn't give the full 250mA you can expect from a normal PC.

If your MP3 player only needs <250mA it might work, but I wouldn't count on that.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #4
Cronoknight
Cronoknight began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
I have used my Iliad as power source for charging my ipod touch and it worked just fine
Cronoknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronoknight View Post
I have used my Iliad as power source for charging my ipod touch and it worked just fine
OK, that sounds interesting. Does it last much longer compared to charging on a PC?
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
OK, now that my Iliad is back from Holland, I can finally answer my own question: Yup, charging an MP3 player (in my case a Sansa c200) works just fine. That removes one additional charger from all my future travel plans ...
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
Cronoknight
Cronoknight began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
OK, that sounds interesting. Does it last much longer compared to charging on a PC?
no, I can't tell you precisely but it doesn't seem so much longer.
Cronoknight is offline   Reply With Quote