Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #136
mutant_matt
Enthusiast
mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Touch
Sideload ePub books bug

Chaps,

Anyone on the Glo with 2.1.5 have the following problem (like me):?

(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...26&postcount=1)

"I got my Glo yesterday, and am sideloading books manually with file copies. The first several books went on fine (usual process, connect USB, copy books onto Kobo, eject device, Kobo restarts, books get loaded).

Then, I came load one or more books that the device apparently didn't like, a problem which has been well documented.

However, no combination or turning off, sleep, on, back from sleep, soft reset (with a paperclip), can get the Glo to restart, and not go back to attempting to process the new content (and at no point does the USB port enable mass storage mode, so I can delete any of the books I've just added, either).

So, people talk like they can "try again", removing one or more books at a time? I can't seem to do anything other then a full factory reset (turn it off, hold down the light button, and turn back on). This both is very frustrating, takes ages, and then you have to set everything back up again, and import all your previous books. You loose where you were in your books you were reading and you loose all your shelves and other settings (I am shortcutting this process a little, by restoring to the most recently saved /.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite that I have, but it doesn't help the process that much).

Have I missed something? Any ideas/help? (it would be most appreciated). If you can't recover, other than the nuclear option, it makes loading any books, like playing russian roulette .

Help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt"

Simply, if an ePub is not "right", then the risk is having to do a full factory reset to start again. The Touch just gave up and went back to the main screen, apparently, with the new books not loaded. The Glo, would appear to get stuck forever more, at the Processing screen.

Anyone else seen this? (or have any suggestions?). I plan to officially report/raise it with Kobo, once I've figured out how I do that (then try not to hold my breath ).

Cheers,

Matt.
mutant_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #137
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Looks like the space between the page bottom margin and information bar is enlarged relative to 2.1.4. Tweaks like orphans:0;widows:0; (default:2) don't solve this partly! anymore. Normally this would add 1 or 2 extra text lines to a page.
I've noticed this too. Very annoying.
This is driving me crazy! Is the chapter over? Does it continue on the next page? No way to tell because the progress bar with chapter marker has gone! Agh.

Come on, why are there orphan/widow things (I don't know which is which) there anyway? What real book has that? Ever seen a paper book stop half way down a page because the paragraph would otherwise finish with one line on the next page? Not me. PLEASE use the whole screen! It's what it's there for!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #138
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Oh no! The "Connected and charging" screen now has a completely black background! It was so much nicer with the faint diagonal white stripes in the background... to match the quilted back. I'm sad to see that nice touch go.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote