Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Question How do I bookmark a page in the 360+ browser?

Also, how do I "point to" a local file in the address bar?
Thanks!
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I'm guessing the 360+ is similar to the 360. Bookmarking is handled with Keymapping through the settings menu. I'm not sure what the default is, but I've got it set as a long press on the upper wing button. You can remove a bookmark the same way.

Good luck.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 04:10 AM   #3
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought that was bookmarking in an ebook you are reading rather than bookmarking a web site in the browser because I already have a keymap for that but I will check it out.
I actually read in a review of the 360+ that there was no way to create a BROWSER url bookmark. Glad to find out it is possible after all.
Who would ever design a browser on a device with no way to create bookmarks for web sites???
Thanks.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
Hope
Zealot

Okay, I created several bookmarks in the browser by using my keymapped button for "set bookmark". Now how to I get to these bookmarks I have just created?
Also, what do I type into the browser address bar to bring up a local file? I would like to create my own web bookmark page for the device and then access it through the address bar.
Thanks.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Okay, I created several bookmarks in the browser by using my keymapped button for "set bookmark". Now how to I get to these bookmarks I have just created?
Also, what do I type into the browser address bar to bring up a local file? I would like to create my own web bookmark page for the device and then access it through the address bar.
Thanks.
Hi Hope,
I've asked a similar question for the user developed links, I would also like to know how it is done!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Sorry, ignore me, I obviously misread the question! Doh!
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle
bring up local file

You can bring up a local file by typing in:
Code:
file:///mnt/ext1/system/links/start.html
You can also start up the user links by specifying a file, instead of a url like http://www.google.com.

Gerda
gshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
Hope
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshank View Post
You can bring up a local file by typing in:
Code:
file:///mnt/ext1/system/links/start.html
You can also start up the user links by specifying a file, instead of a url like http://www.google.com.

Gerda
Thanks, Gerda, that works but still can't sign in to any web site and still can't create a bookmark for an URL
Is it possible they left that ability out of their browser??!
What do you mean by "start up the user links by specifying a file"?
Old 07-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle
which version of links are you using?

Hope:

There's the PocketBook supplied version of the browser, and the user-compiled and supplied version of the browser. It sounds to me like you're using the PocketBook version, which is kind of crippled.

You need the user-compiled version, where you copy the executable in /system/bin, and have a script to start it up in /applications. It's in that script that you specify the startup file.

There's another thread that's dealing with the user 'links' program, but I'll upload a zip file containing it here too. This one will let you get to the 'links' menu by holding down the 'down' key (just like holding down the 'up' key lets you enter a URL). It kind of works, but the screen isn't repainted so it's certainly not what I would call really usable. You can get to the 'links' bookmark app from that menu, but putting bookmark links in the startup file might be more usable. (Which you do by editing that file, and putting in html for the links...)

So, unzip the archive, connect your 360 to your computer, copy the files over to the right directories, disconnect it, go to the applications, and click on the 'links' entry.

One thing that took me a while to figure out is that you need a long press of the right and left keys to move the cursor in the menus. A single press is used for moving the page right and left, if it's too big to fit in the screen.

Gerda
Attached Files
File Type: zip user_links.zip (3.62 MB, 223 views)
gshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #10
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am not Hope, but these line by line instructions are exactly what I needed, thanks!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
Hope
Zealot

Thanks, Gerda! You are a gem! Karma on the way as soon as I figure out how to give you 5,000 of them.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #12
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
You are a gem! Karma on the way as soon as I figure out how to give you 5,000 of them.
have a look here
Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 AM   #13
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
have a look here
Ha! I saw in that thread that if you hover your mouse over the blue squares under someone's handle, it pops up a funny description of that person based on their karma level. Mine says "rkomar can differentiate black from dark navy blue", which is a lie since for years I thought my Canadian passport was black when in fact it's dark navy blue (it still looks black to me). Somehow, I and my karma level are out of sync. Time to give more away.

Edit: Bah! It seems that you don't lose karma yourself by giving it to others. I kept my karma, but lost that feeling of being generous when handing it out. :P

Last edited by rkomar; 07-28-2011 at 03:45 AM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote