Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-18-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
wklee
wklee began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
shell access problem..

I connected to IDS and saw downloading something.
but, after short downloading, Nothing is in Download History.

And my shell script does not excute....

Please, help me..mm..
wklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:55 AM   #2
Tokkeh
Reader
Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad /Palm TX
I can't help you get the shell access. There seem to be delays at present.
So far as I know the download history only lists documents (usually pdfs) that are downloaded. For example, from iDS: Release Notes and updated Manuals but not patches or upgrades.
I know one or two people thought their shell access wasn't there and it turned out to be an error in their shell scripts (I think to do with where the script would actually execute). I expect you have already done it but if not it may be worth checking the Irex Forum as well as this one for any info.
Tokkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
As Tokkeh said, please try one of MR apps like mrxvt to check whether you have an installed shell access.
There is no information, that you have downloaded Shell Access in Download History.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
rexcrieg
rexcrieg began at the beginning.

wklee,

I had a similar problem to you. Did your iliad restart itself after the download you saw? I had to get Matthijs to change something in iDS in order for the shell access to install correctly. Your irex 'should' restart itself after the download.

Last edited by rexcrieg; 07-19-2007 at 11:13 AM.
rexcrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #5
wklee

I make it restart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrieg View Post
wklee,

I had a similar problem to you. Did your iliad restart itself after the download you saw? I had to get Matthijs to change something in iDS in order for the shell access to install correctly. Your irex 'should' restart itself after the download.
When download was completed, iLiad dead. any button didn't work.

So, I make it restart forcibly.
Advert
Old 07-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
wklee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkeh View Post
I can't help you get the shell access. There seem to be delays at present.
So far as I know the download history only lists documents (usually pdfs) that are downloaded. For example, from iDS: Release Notes and updated Manuals but not patches or upgrades.
I know one or two people thought their shell access wasn't there and it turned out to be an error in their shell scripts (I think to do with where the script would actually execute). I expect you have already done it but if not it may be worth checking the Irex Forum as well as this one for any info.
Thanks.

I tested with "mrxvt" and "madplay". After mrxvt was trasfer to main memory in iLiad, I did click run.sh In mrxvt directory. but, I could not see anything.

could you please help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test_1.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	4535   Click image for larger version

Name:	test_2.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	4536  
Attached Files
File Type: zip mrxvt_iliad.zip (83.6 KB, 570 views)
Old 07-25-2007, 06:05 AM   #7
rexcrieg
rexcrieg began at the beginning.

Yeah,

As I stated above, the Iliad needs to automatically restart after downloading the patch. If it didn't and you can't run scripts it didn't work properly. The problem with iDS is that once you've downloaded a file successfully, it can't be re-downloaded without someone at irex adding it to your queue again.

I've heard that you can now automatically request the shell-access package. (There's a new thread somewhere here....)

Last edited by rexcrieg; 07-25-2007 at 06:08 AM.
rexcrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #8
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
And you can now request instant shell access here:
https://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php/developer

Have fun.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
zhou_yl
zhou_yl began at the beginning.

Device: economics
l can't select the MAC address. Why?
zhou_yl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:11 AM   #10
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhou_yl View Post
I don't remember exactly, but I think that the MAC appeared once you connected your iliad to iDS using that user/password at least once.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:22 AM   #11
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhou_yl View Post
Do you use Safari or Konqueror or any other exotic browser? There's a know problem with these browsers, try Firefox or the Internet Explorer instead.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote