Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Kindle now usable in retail stores

I didn't know if posting here or the "Which one should I buy" forum would be better.

As of this week Amazon has updated the Kindles at Target (and I assume other retailers) to be functioning units. It still loops a demo but when you press any button it allows you to play around with it.

I only tested it for a few seconds since I was working at the time, but it had a few book samples able to be read. I tested opening Alice in Wonderland then adjusting font sizes and everything worked like normal.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
That's good to know. Thanks for posting this!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
tbeltrans
tbeltrans is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DXG and K3
Yes, I found this on Friday. It was the first time that I have had the opportunity to actually try the Kindle 3. I ordered one from Amazon when I got home (already have the DXG). They had a couple of Amazon books and one PDF to play with on the demo Kindle 3 at Target.

Tony
tbeltrans is offline   Reply With Quote