Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
gentlemanbeggar
gentlemanbeggar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch (unrooted)
Question Touchy Slider on Libre Pro?

I got my Libre Pro at Kmart about a month ago, and so far I'm loving it! The only issue I'm having with it is the page slider seems to be very, very sensitive with a strong bias toward "go back a page." Sometimes, if it will immediately go back when I go forward a page. Sometimes, I swear, if I just look sternly at the top of the slider, it will go back a page.

Is this a known issue? Any tips for dealing with this?
gentlemanbeggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Be nicer to your reader and quit giving it nasty looks?

Other than that, I haven't experienced or heard of anything.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
GB, most people have the opposite problem - it's too difficult to use the bar to change the page because of the bar's resistance!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
québecoise
Member Retired
québecoise began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek libre pro
Hello, Gentlemanbeggar,
That's odd--on my Libre pro, it's really hard to move the slider. And I remember seeing reviews where they said the Libre is a really good e-reader, but one disadvantage is that the slider is too hard to move to be useful. I always use the button on the bottom left. You're right, though, that it's a great e-reader, and really cheap at the moment. The only problem I had was with the constantly blinking green light. I solved that problem, by covering the led with tape.
québecoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I would suspect that the metal connection in the slider is bent or something similar. I would consider opening it or returning it for a replacement (opening it is not very easy...).
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Though it might depend upon how strong your hands normally are. You just might have to get used to applying less force. I've never found the slider to be either too easy or too difficult.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #7
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I normally read in landscape mode, and its just easier to use either the silver page turn buttons on the lower left, or the cursor to turn pages.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluratek, libre pro, loose slider