Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Ridgeback63
Ridgeback63 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505 & PRS 600
Hello

Hello everybody,I found this site whilst searching for reviews on the new Sony PRS 600,and after having a good look around I have ordered one to go with my PRS 505,thanks for your help everybody
Ridgeback63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Good for you! Be sure to tell us what you think of the 600!

Oh, and welcome to Mobile Read!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Ridgeback63, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Hi, Ridgeback63. When I see "ridgeback" I think dogs - is that where your user name comes from?

Tracey
(owned by a ridgeback (and others!))
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Ridgeback63 and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Hi Ridgeback -
I made my decision after doing a lot of reading here too. It's a great site, and no one laughs at my silly questions. So welcome from another relatively new person.

I got my 600 Friday, it's my "first" and I'm loving it. I read it outside for awhile today, and it was much easier in the sun than the reflection off of a book. Hope you enjoy yours!
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
Ridgeback63

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
Hi, Ridgeback63. When I see "ridgeback" I think dogs - is that where your user name comes from?

Tracey
(owned by a ridgeback (and others!))

Yes,my friend I had 3 but sadly down to 2 now,great dogs I,ve had Ridgees since I came out the Army.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
Ridgeback63

Thanks for all your comments,and making me feel welcome
Old 08-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
They really are wonderful dogs, aren't they? My boy is going on 9, and I completely break down when I think of losing him. He's my "once in a lifetime" dog.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!! Pictures of doggies, of course
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #10
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Hi Ridgeback, welcome! When I'd the 700 I liked the touchscreen aspect, so I'd say the 600 would be good, especially seeing as it has a clearer screen.
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Welcome!
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:51 AM   #12
Ridgeback63

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
They really are wonderful dogs, aren't they? My boy is going on 9, and I completely break down when I think of losing him. He's my "once in a lifetime" dog.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!! Pictures of doggies, of course

I will try and sort some piccies out,
Old 08-30-2009, 05:07 AM   #13
Ridgeback63

I hope these come out ok,my young dog is a real seat lover!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29052007002.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	482.8 KB
ID:	35143   Click image for larger version

Name:	29052007005.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	35144   Click image for larger version

Name:	02092007006.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	521.1 KB
ID:	35145   Click image for larger version

Name:	18072007009.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	394.9 KB
ID:	35146   Click image for larger version

Name:	29102007012.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	433.3 KB
ID:	35147  
Old 08-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #14
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Welcome Ridgeback.... Great to see you (and your family) settling right in!

I made my decision on my device much the same way and mine even came from amember here....So ask a lot, Check out the Ebooks for download and settle into the Mad Ride that is MR!
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #15
Ridgeback63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaopanda View Post
Welcome Ridgeback.... Great to see you (and your family) settling right in!

I made my decision on my device much the same way and mine even came from amember here....So ask a lot, Check out the Ebooks for download and settle into the Mad Ride that is MR!
Thank you Xiapanda,I am picking up a lot of tips from here,its very interesting