Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #601
tabascoffee
tabascoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Lightbulb Amazon Prime and Unlimited Matches

A plugin to let me know when one of my titles matches a current freebie listed in Amazon Prime or in Kindle Unlimited.

...because I just want to be notified of the matching retail .azw or .mobi (or whatever is being used these days)...

*cough*
tabascoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #602
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascoffee View Post
A plugin to let me know when one of my titles matches a current freebie listed in Amazon Prime or in Kindle Unlimited.

...because I just want to be notified of the matching retail .azw or .mobi (or whatever is being used these days)...

*cough*
Done! [GUI Plugin] Overdrive Link has grown to support a variety of borrowing sources, and the plugin maintainer was quite fast about adding support for Kindle Unlimited. (Prime Owners Lending Library has been supported for a while.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #603
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Plugin for Calibre Book Viewer that would show content when hover on a reference number - see attachment. The split viewer layout is not proscriptive, it was the simplest way to illustrate,

I'm thinking of author foot notes published in the book - not reader annotations.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	126206  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:36 PM   #604
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Plugin for Calibre Book Viewer that would show content when hover on a reference number - see attachment. The split viewer layout is not proscriptive, it was the simplest way to illustrate,

I'm thinking of author foot notes published in the book - not reader annotations.

BR
like KPW2 and the popup footnotes.

That would be very cool to have, as an enhancement request not a plugin.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #605
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That would be very cool to have, as an enhancement request not a plugin.
Popup footnotes are already on my todo list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:44 PM   #606
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Popup footnotes are already on my todo list.
Cool!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:27 PM   #607
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Cool!

I wouldn't like a popup presentation if it hid the main text in any way. A split screen would allow me to see main text and the footnotes.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-31-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #608
tabascoffee
tabascoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Done! [GUI Plugin] Overdrive Link has grown to support a variety of borrowing sources, and the plugin maintainer was quite fast about adding support for Kindle Unlimited. (Prime Owners Lending Library has been supported for a while.)
I tried to use the function, but it didn't like kwun in the other field. Search failed.

But I love the idea that's it's so close to being a reality!
tabascoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #609
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascoffee View Post
I tried to use the function, but it didn't like kwun in the other field. Search failed.

But I love the idea that's it's so close to being a reality!
Change it to "kuwn".

Kindle Unlimited with Narration.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #610
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

I wouldn't like a popup presentation if it hid the main text in any way. A split screen would allow me to see main text and the footnotes.

BR
If the popup was just another window, then you can resize it and move it as you want. That would work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #611
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If the popup was just another window, then you can resize it and move it as you want. That would work.
Providing it was also dockable.

BR
Old 08-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #612
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
I have thousands of old ebooks with no metadata, title, author or ISBN. I can find out what most of the books are by manually copying a random sentence from within each book and then use that to search on Google books, Amazon or Bookfinder. Has anyone thought of making a plugin to do this automatically?
Thanks.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #613
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
I have thousands of old ebooks with no metadata, title, author or ISBN. I can find out what most of the books are by manually copying a random sentence from within each book and then use that to search on Google books, Amazon or Bookfinder. Has anyone thought of making a plugin to do this automatically?
Thanks.
When they do, they will have created a perfect AI.

The human mind can do amazing associative and intuitive actions.

The current computer tries to mimic some of these by doing complex searches (like Google) that take rooms of equipment to let it happen at a click of a mouse.

How did you manage to save all these with no logical plan (file and/or folder names)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #614
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
They're what's left after sorting and cleaning a huge ebook collection, nearly all old formats like txt, html, rar, rft, doc, so have no metadata other than what Calibre tried to glean from the file names.

Try a random text search in Google books or Amazon, you'll be really surprised how accurate they are, there's no need for fancy AI. Here's an example:

https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&...=10&gws_rd=ssl

The best google books search page is this one: http://books.google.com/advanced_book_search paste the random text from your unknown book into the 'Exact Phrase' box and search.

For Amazon the best search page is: http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Searc...node=241582011 paste your random text (inside quotation marks) into the 'Keywords' box and search.

This same technique can also be used in Bookfinder: http://www.bookfinder.com/?mode=adva...=&currency=EUR

Could this not be automated the same as the search for Metadata and Covers?
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #615
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Vortex If you chose the text on which to search then it's highly likely that its not truly random - you would have used your intuitive good sense. I noticed your example used a complete sentence. I tried a fragment of 9 words from Bleak House and Google failed, when I expanded it to a complete sentence it succeeded.

I suspect a PI with some heuristics to extract the first sentence would probably have a pretty good chance of finding books at Google.

The Amazon and Bookfinder links did not present me with a place to enter a sentence.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-03-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development