Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Google Play query

Hi, I am new to android and Google Play and wonder if someone can enlighten me.

I need to buy a decent Office program and have been looking at whats available. I don't understand why the price of the Office Suite Pro is showing at £9.64 on the UK website mobisystems.co.uk but £14.94 if I buy it through the trial version of the app.

My PC listed my device and total me the app was compatible so I did actually purchase the Office Suite via the UK website on Wednesday, 4mins after I got the 'sending app to your device' message I got a refund from Google Play saying customer requested refund. I didn't. The app never reached my Nook.

I just don't know I I'm not 'allowed' to buy it via the website, either by mobi, or by B&N and why the two prices are different.

I have three days left if the trial and just don't know what to do.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Hi Josie,

Why don't you try Kingsoft Office? It's free and gets good reviews in the Play store.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Hi Josie,

Why don't you try Kingsoft Office? It's free and gets good reviews in the Play store.

--Pat
I did try Kingsoft and it does work really well between my PC, Dropbox and my Nook. It doesn't work if I want to upload my word doc into pages on my ipad, the version of word is too old and not supported. The Office Suite app does.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Josie -- is that the case even if you save the files as *docx? That is the newer format for Word docs, and the iPad should read it.

See if Kingsoft lets you save your Word docs in *.docx format. They say in the Play store that they support that format.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Josie -- is that the case even if you save the files as *docx? That is the newer format for Word docs, and the iPad should read it.

See if Kingsoft lets you save your Word docs in *.docx format. They say in the Play store that they support that format.

--Pat
I must admit I didn't try that as the word format said it was 97-2004. Its all a bit irrelevant now anyway as I bought the Office Suite Pro 7 yesterday directly frm the Nook Store. But thanks for the sugeston