Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
cyberynight
cyberynight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
[SOLVED] Kindle touch, small question about upgrading to 5.1

Hi there,

Two days ago, I got a new "Kindle touch Special Offers" for my birthday.

I wanted custom screensavers, so I did the jailbreak, removed ads, installed the screensaver hack. Works great.

Today I saw that there is already version 5.1 available, yet my Kindle still has 5.0.1. Because I would like to use the landscape format for PDFs I want to upgrade.

1. Do I have to remove all those hacks first and remove the jailbreak before upgrading? Do I have to enable ads before upgrading?
2. Will those hacks also work under the newest firmware version?

Thank you very much
---------------------

edit: Thank you, worked great!

Last edited by cyberynight; 05-16-2012 at 01:47 PM.
cyberynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberynight View Post
Hi there,

Two days ago, I got a new "Kindle touch Special Offers" for my birthday.

I wanted custom screensavers, so I did the jailbreak, removed ads, installed the screensaver hack. Works great.

Today I saw that there is already version 5.1 available, yet my Kindle still has 5.0.1. Because I would like to use the landscape format for PDFs I want to upgrade.

1. Do I have to remove all those hacks first and remove the jailbreak before upgrading? Do I have to enable ads before upgrading?
2. Will those hacks also work under the newest firmware version?

Thank you very much
1. yes, remove the hacks, but do not remove the jailbreak. You don't need to enable ads before upgrading.
2. most of them yes, but for the screensaver hack, only the "simple one" works on 5.1.0. Search this forum for more info
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
deleted
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote