Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
SetCPU for Edge

SetCPU for Edge is a CPU speed tweaking application for entourage (pocket) edge,which works in the way discovered by ConteMascetti .

How to use it?
1.root your PE with Z4root;
2.install SetCPU for Edge;
unzip the apk from the attachment,copy it ito your PE;
click the apk in you PE to install the application;
3.It's not a standlone app but a widget, you can add the widget into your home screen by doing the following:
a. From the Home or Applications screen, press the Menu button.
b. Tap Add.
c. Tap Widgets.
c. Select "SetCpu x.x.x" to add.
4.click on the widget ,it will switch the cpu between "tablet mode"(op4,797MHz @ 1,0 Vcore voltage) and "reader mode"(op0,156MHz @ 0,945 Vcore voltage,indicated by a book icon)..When the "app asking for root permission" dialog is displayed,select "yes".

btw,it's an ugly widget.

release 0.1.1:
bug fix:
In my PE,if I set the cpu to reader mode and then put it into hibernation,then wake it up,click the widget to switch the cpu to tablet mode,the device will halt.However if I switch the cpu back to tablet mode before hibernation,everything seems ok.
This is fixed by using op2 as an interim between every switch.
Attached Files
File Type: zip setcpu_0.1.1.zip (16.5 KB, 392 views)

Last edited by javese; 11-22-2011 at 08:47 AM.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
birdheh
birdheh began at the beginning.

Device: pocket entourage
If I turn off the screen while I use the PE am I not stretching the battery life as well if not better than if I install this program?
birdheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #3
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdheh View Post
If I turn off the screen while I use the PE am I not stretching the battery life as well if not better than if I install this program?
Hi birdheh,it's not clear how this can help with saving power yet.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
ConteMascetti
ConteMascetti began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
Hi birdheh,it's not clear how this can help with saving power yet.
I think , 156Mhz can help use to have 2 hour of extra battery life in reader mode
ConteMascetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I do not understand why on nook str I have 14+days of reading. I understand with cpu low and eink only we should get a lot of juice. an idea, something like putting the device on hibernation. on next or prev page taking if of hibernation than putting it back (i think I am talking rubish, but is frustrating the low battery life of this device in reading only mode.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
zephyrjs
zephyrjs began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
root denied

Hi there. It doesn't seem to work with the latest Superuser (binary 3.0.3). It isn't prompting me; it's just denying it access. Is this a setting I'm missing or is it just a bug?
zephyrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
SetCPU for Edge is a CPU speed tweaking application for entourage (pocket) edge...

4.click on the widget ,it will switch the cpu between "tablet mode"(op4,797MHz @ 1,0 Vcore voltage) and "reader mode"(op0,156MHz @ 0,945 Vcore voltage,indicated by a book icon)..When the "app asking for root permission" dialog is displayed,select "yes".
@javese,

Installed, superuser allowed, widget added; however when clicking on the widget...nothing. Is there supposed to be a message or setting?

Specs: EE (2.0), ermine .9, Z4 permanent root.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
zephyrjs
zephyrjs began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrjs View Post
Hi there. It doesn't seem to work with the latest Superuser (binary 3.0.3). It isn't prompting me; it's just denying it access. Is this a setting I'm missing or is it just a bug?
Forgot to add - using PE, ermine, rooted. (Obviously rooted, duh.)
zephyrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #9
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Any hope of this getting updated because it isnt working at all anymore.

nevermind, I just downgraded superuser. Working fine now.

Last edited by helf; 09-04-2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: found fix
helf is offline   Reply With Quote