Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
An hour and a half and what do we get?

What a wasted event!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Everyone seems pretty disappointed right now...
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I'm following the Guardian live blog if anyone wants another take:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...?newsfeed=true

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #19
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

What a wasted event!

Hey, TM, you can upgrade to a white ipod touch. What more do you want, blood? .

Seriously, this event was all about Siri... and iCloud. But may be, there's a big "one thing more"....

Oh well, I guess not.
Apparently, they did not achieve the WOW factor.

Last edited by stonetools; 10-04-2011 at 02:46 PM.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #20
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Well that was underwhelming. It looks like I'll be purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #21
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
It's still some nice upgrades. only letdown is if you wanted a bigger display/different form factor.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Hey, TM, you can upgrade to a white ipod touch. What more do you want, blood? .
White sucks
Old 10-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote of the day

Quote:
I'm not getting this thing. This is stupid. - Molly Wood
Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #24
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
I knowan Iphone user who uses Siri, and she really likes it. Apparently they took Siri, pumped it up to 11, and wove it right through the operating system to produce the Assistant.
We'll have to see how helpful this Assistant is. If done right, it really could change everything... again. (sound familiar?. )
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #25
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

What a wasted event!
I'm so gagging on my disappointment right now.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

No low priced unlocked phone either.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #27
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
I knowan Iphone user who uses Siri, and she really likes it. Apparently they took Siri, pumped it up to 11, and wove it right through the operating system to produce the Assistant.
We'll have to see how helpful this Assistant is. If done right, it really could change everything... again. (sound familiar?. )
If it's done really well, it might take off, but it would have to be available all the time so that it becomes second nature, and be forgiving of background noise and pronunciation.

I use the voice commands on my Android phone for navigation and web searches, but I do think of it as a gimmick rather than a fundamental way of interacting with the device.

I do like the example given of setting an alarm by voice. I'd certainly like that on my phone.

Graham
Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #28
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I do like the example given of setting an alarm by voice. I'd certainly like that on my phone.

Graham
I thought the geofencing thing (it can message you when you leave home or work, for example) is pretty amazing if it works.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #29
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I thought the geofencing thing (it can message you when you leave home or work, for example) is pretty amazing if it works.
Oh, I missed that bit in the Guardian blog I was following. They just typed

Quote:
Location-based reminders. (Yes, we recall that - sure to kill your battery by checking GPS all the time.)
There already apps that trigger alarms by location, certainly on Android and I would assume also on iOS. Is there more to it? Could the geofencing system send a message to one's spouse, for example, when you left for home?

Graham
Old 10-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #30
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Oh, I missed that bit in the Guardian blog I was following. They just typed

There already apps that trigger alarms by location, certainly on Android and I would assume also on iOS. Is there more to it? Could the geofencing system send a message to one's spouse, for example, when you left for home?

Graham
I see the stalkers of the world cheering in joy.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote