Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Remove Month In Published Column (Edit Meta Info)

Is there anyway just to have the year show without the month in the Published Column (Edit Meta Info)...

Cheers
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look under preferences->Tweaks
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Look under preferences->Tweaks
In "All Available Tweaks". do I remove below in Red?

# Format to be used for publication date and the timestamp (date).
# A string controlling how the publication date is displayed in the GUI
# d the day as number without a leading zero (1 to 31)
# dd the day as number with a leading zero (01 to 31)
# ddd the abbreviated localized day name (e.g. 'Mon' to 'Sun').
# dddd the long localized day name (e.g. 'Monday' to 'Qt::Sunday').
# M the month as number without a leading zero (1-12)
# MM the month as number with a leading zero (01-12)
# MMM the abbreviated localized month name (e.g. 'Jan' to 'Dec').
# MMMM the long localized month name (e.g. 'January' to 'December').
# yy the year as two digit number (00-99)
# yyyy the year as four digit number
# For example, given the date of 9 Jan 2010, the following formats show
# MMM yyyy ==> Jan 2010 yyyy ==> 2010 dd MMM yyyy ==> 09 Jan 2010
# MM/yyyy ==> 01/2010 d/M/yy ==> 9/1/10 yy ==> 10
# publication default if not set: MMM yyyy
# timestamp default if not set: dd MMM yyyy
gui_pubdate_display_format = 'MMM yyyy'
gui_timestamp_display_format = 'dd MMM yyyy'
Old 01-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No you copy and change the gui_pubdate_display to the lower window
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No you copy and change the gui_pubdate_display to the lower window
Cheers, That did it
Old 02-23-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
BMaloney
Connoisseur
BMaloney doesn't litterBMaloney doesn't litter

Device: PRS-650
deleted

Last edited by BMaloney; 02-25-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Posted in the wrong thread. Sorry! Can't find the "delete post" option either.
BMaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
trumphodge
trumphodge began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I am new to Calibre and found this post related to my question-how to remove Month in the "published" dates. Like the original poster, I only care about the year of original publication and find the inclusion of Month both distracting in the display, and more difficult to enter (since it is typically not given for older books--and Calibre also wants a Day selected).

I tried to decipher the instructions above but have not been successful in making the change.

What I see in top box:

Format to be used for publication date and the timestamp (date).
A string controlling how the publication date is displayed in the GUI
d the day as number without a leading zero (1 to 31)
dd the day as number with a leading zero (01 to 31)
ddd the abbreviated localized day name (e.g. 'Mon' to 'Sun').
dddd the long localized day name (e.g. 'Monday' to 'Qt::Sunday').
M the month as number without a leading zero (1-12)
MM the month as number with a leading zero (01-12)
MMM the abbreviated localized month name (e.g. 'Jan' to 'Dec').
MMMM the long localized month name (e.g. 'January' to 'December').
yy the year as two digit number (00-99)
yyyy the year as four digit number
For example, given the date of 9 Jan 2010, the following formats show
MMM yyyy ==> Jan 2010 yyyy ==> 2010 dd MMM yyyy ==> 09 Jan 2010
MM/yyyy ==> 01/2010 d/M/yy ==> 9/1/10 yy ==> 10
publication default if not set: MMM yyyy
timestamp default if not set: dd MMM yyyy

What I see in the lower box:
# Control how dates are displayed

gui_last_modified_display_format = 'dd MMM yyyy'

gui_pubdate_display_format = 'MMM yyyy'

gui_timestamp_display_format = 'dd MMM yyyy'

I have tried to delete the MMM in the pubdate string above but get an error message.

I would appreciate any further detail on procedure.
trumphodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
In the lower box change the middle item to

Code:
gui_pubdate_display_format = 'yyyy'
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #9
trumphodge
trumphodge began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks, Jackie. That's what I had been doing, so I went back to try again. This time I noticed that there are two "apply" buttons that need to be clicked--one for this lower box, but also another "global" apply button at the top of the Tweaks box.

Clicking both got the desired result.

That cleans up the display--one still has to choose a month and day of publication--I don't understand why Calibre requires that.
trumphodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumphodge View Post
That cleans up the display--one still has to choose a month and day of publication--I don't understand why Calibre requires that.
I have my calibre set to show only year of publication, and I can always simply over-type the year. One only has to be more precise if you try to use the pop-up calendar, but why do that if you are only interested in the year?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #11
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I have my calibre set to show only year of publication, and I can always simply over-type the year. One only has to be more precise if you try to use the pop-up calendar, but why do that if you are only interested in the year?
That is how I do it as well, just type in the year you want...

While we are in the edit meta discussion, is there anyway to pull in the series & series number by clicking on download metadata, it's good at providing all other info, cover, comments info box, year etc but seems to omit the series info...

Jay
Old 09-23-2011, 02:33 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLaFunk View Post
While we are in the edit meta discussion, is there anyway to pull in the series & series number by clicking on download metadata, it's good at providing all other info, cover, comments info box, year etc but seems to omit the series info..
You have to make sure Series is checked in Configure metadata download are. By default I believe Overdrive supplies series info. I use Goodreads, Barnes & Noble and Fantastic Fiction metadata plugins to obtain series info.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #13
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You have to make sure Series is checked in Configure metadata download are. By default I believe Overdrive supplies series info. I use Goodreads, Barnes & Noble and Fantastic Fiction metadata plugins to obtain series info.
Cheers, have used your info.