Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-01-2014, 05:06 AM   #1
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
T68 bootloops - is a firmware update coming?

It's a huge issue, and Onyx is dead silent about it.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:41 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Which version do you have ? The Amazon (Artatech) one or the International (Booxtor) one ?

Since when do you have the bootloop ? Were you in the middle of installing something ? Have you tried rebooting from the recovery menu ?

I am not sure it qualifies as a "huge issue" in a quantitative way, since you are the first one to open a thread on that problem here.

Last edited by aceflor; 08-01-2014 at 05:44 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
EricArcadia
Connoisseur
EricArcadia began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 (2013), Nook Glowlight with Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Which version do you have ? The Amazon (Artatech) one or the International (Booxtor) one ?

Since when do you have the bootloop ? Were you in the middle of installing something ? Have you tried rebooting from the recovery menu ?

I am not sure it qualifies as a "huge issue" in a quantitative way, since you are the first one to open a thread on that problem here.
It's been reported it starts to loop when it get to a certain power level (http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...comment-535210), I've experienced it as well.
EricArcadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you in the US ? if yes, it could have somehting to do with the adapter. As far as I know, there has been no problem with bootloops for us europeans, so my guess is that the AC adapter is faulty, not the device nor the FW.

Here http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...boox-t68-lynx/ a very interesting point made by Kannon (4th comment), which I believe to be the cause indeed.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
EricArcadia
Connoisseur
EricArcadia began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 (2013), Nook Glowlight with Simple Touch
Quote:
Are you in the US ? if yes, it could have somehting to do with the adapter. As far as I know, there has been no problem with bootloops for us europeans, so my guess is that the AC adapter is faulty, not the device nor the FW.

Here http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...boox-t68-lynx/ a very interesting point made by Kannon (4th comment), which I believe to be the cause indeed.
Yeah I'm in the US, so what would a be a great adapter to use for this?
EricArcadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #6
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricArcadia View Post
Yeah I'm in the US, so what would a be a great adapter to use for this?
You could try a Samsung one, one that is usable with the galaxy note phones serie, or the ipad ones. You would want to get 2A (and not 1A) out of it.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I have had boot loop problems, too. They happened at ANY battery level. The boot loops stop when I plug my T68 into a power source, be it my laptop or an AC adapter. As long as the device is plugged in, no boot loops. Thus, it seems to me that my problem was not the adapter. I had to send mine back to Arta Tech. It got to the point that I couldn't use the device for long unless it was plugged in to my laptop or adapter.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I have had boot loop problems, too. They happened at ANY battery level. The boot loops stop when I plug my T68 into a power source, be it my laptop or an AC adapter. As long as the device is plugged in, no boot loops. Thus, it seems to me that my problem was not the adapter. I had to send mine back to Arta Tech. It got to the point that I couldn't use the device for long unless it was plugged in to my laptop or adapter.
...Sorry to hear that. Are you based in the US too ?
Old 08-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #9
aceflor
Wizard

Just FYI. I have been using e-reader for years, and have had many different brands. For some (the sonys in particular) you really had to use a specific adapter. All USB cables are also not made equal in terms of charging capabilities, meaning it is not only the charging end that counts, it is the combination usb cable + adapter.

Now that may have nothing to do with the bootloop problem, I just thought I should mention this as it has been a problem for some of us with some readers in the past.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
...Sorry to hear that. Are you based in the US too ?
Yes, I am. I don't know if Arta Tech will repair my device, replace it or give me a refund. I'll find out by Monday.

It's too bad, because I like the device. If the adapters are the problem, then the obvious solution is to include an adapter with the device for the US market - or, at the very least, to strongly recommend buying one separately.

This is my second T68 that needed to be returned. The first one had similar reboot loops.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #11
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've also been getting it in any battery level, but mostly at lower percentages. I use an European plug, for what it's worth.

I've seen this issue referenced in several different websites, it does not seem to be a localized problem unfortunately.

This and the minimum light level are things that need to be worked out. It's pretty clear that this device was rushed.

Last edited by pickyaxe; 08-01-2014 at 11:53 AM.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
FWIW, I've never experienced the problem.

I really can't see how it could related to the charger. Why should it matter how you charge it? It's just USB.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #13
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
FWIW, I've never experienced the problem.

I really can't see how it could related to the charger. Why should it matter how you charge it? It's just USB.
Nope.

http://lifehacker.com/cables-can-sig...f-y-1532784722
Old 08-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
That has absolutely nothing to do with a "rebooting loop". It's been suggested in this thread that it could be caused by the wrong choice of charger - that is what I'm saying I don't believe can be true.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #15
aceflor
Wizard

"Whatever you say, Harry".